My October Surprise - Madison Co 8 pt with VIDEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My October Surprise - Madison Co 8 pt with VIDEO

My October surprise because before yesterday morning I had never seen this buck. He has not been on any of the 3 cameras I have set up on the property. I first saw him yesterday morning October 9 along with another buck about the same size. Hopefully my son will get a crack at him over the next week.

I started the morning a bit discouraged as I had shot a doe last night and spined her. It took three arrows for her to expire. Needless to say I wasn’t thrilled with the kill. I did feel better when I saw the video on the computer today and that she really ducked hard and caused the high hit.

Anyway, I had hoped the bucks would show again this morning as they had yesterday. As daylight started to appear fog rolled in. I like hunting foggy mornings. The feeder went off at five minutes after seven. The feeder is about 40 yards left of my ground blind and I had thrown hand corn out between 15 and 18 yards in front of me. Deer started to filter into the pasture. At about ten past seven he and his partner showed under the feeder. I thought he would probably stay there until all the corn was gone. He again surprised me by coming over to the hand corn rather quickly. It took him awhile to get where I wanted him and to get him in the camera frame right. I was surprisingly calm as I drew and let the pin settle behind his shoulder. As you will see in the video he ducked as well and instead of a heart hit it took out his lungs. He went less than 100 yards and the Slick Trick did it’s job again with a great blood trail. The Slick Trick also left a pretty little “butterfly” in my shoot through netting on the blind. I’m very proud of this buck as it is only the second buck kill in nine years of bow hunting.

Hope you enjoy the video. I have more footage that I will make a longer version from later but I wanted to share this hunt.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Ar02Mes9c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_Ar02Mes9c[/ame]
    Last edited by Bill M; 10-10-2010, 02:34 PM.

congrats

Comment

Congrats.

Loved the video and the fog.

Comment

Awesome job Bill. Congrats on a pretty 8.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

great video and deer!!

Comment

Congratulations Bill. Well done!

Comment

Big congrats Bill! Impressive buck and video!

Comment

Well done Bill !

Comment

Very nice - Congrats!

Comment

And to think, I can say I knew you when...

Congrats Bill Nice buck anyone would be proud of. Cool video too

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Beautiful buck bill and great job on the video. Congratulations on a great shot. Thanks for taking us along.

Comment

Great video and congrats on your trophy buck.
                            I love those foggy mornings you never know what's going to show.

Comment

Great Buck, Great Video,

Comment

Working...
                              X