No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope no word yet, i doubt i'm going to man up tho...dang cold has me down ;-<.

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
      nope no word yet, i doubt i'm going to man up tho...dang cold has me down ;-<.
      Thanks falling. Do you know where we are at with the rut?

Will we see more deer as we move closer to December?

Comment

Originally posted by 2grunts View Post
        Thanks falling. Do you know where we are at with the rut?

Will we see more deer as we move closer to December?
        I think it's early rut right now, but maybe I am wrong.

Cold front should of riled em up. I'm still debating going out today or not.

Comment

Got message from Stacy. There is only one buck tag left @ Tejas.

Comment

I'm going out tomorrow. Hopefully this dude shows his face. I know these are bad pics, but this shows that there are a few good bucks at Lake G. He is just on the edge of my camera range.
            Attached Files

Comment

I've had a bruiser of a bug nine point tending a doe here at my house. I'm about a mile down from Tejas on the north side.

Comment

Here's the one I've been after.
                Attached Files

Comment

here is the best one I've seen:
                  started showing up a few days ago.

Doubt will see him out before the last buck is taken tho.

Kind of sucks i've seen and have walked: 2 eights, 1 six and 1 four all illegal.

Called in a eight this morning lol trying to get a shot at guy.
                  Had to leave at 9 tho to go to work.

(my cameras date is bogus but the time is right)

Pretty sure the last buck will be taken tonight, so congrats on whomever it is !

Comment

I've caught a couple of nice ones on my TC as well but they are all just like above - coming in between 10p and 5a. Same with does. I've not caught one deer in months during daylight hours on the camera nor while sitting in the stand. Far cry from last year - I saw deer every time I sat...in the exact same spot!

Comment

Does are coming out now around 9am to 10am for me since the cold front hit.

If i did not have to leave to go to work i might of gotten a doe this morning.

Comment

Very nice buck guys!! Good luck to anyone that gets a shot.

Draco - are you on the north side of Ronald Reagan?

Comment

I'm on 3405 on the Georgetown side of Ronald Reagan right at the bottom of the big hill. There is a big mound of road base right in front of my place right now.

Comment

Man those are some nice bucks you guys got pics of there. I hunted a few weekends at Lake GT and didn't see anything, so I have been hunting another spot and am close to being done then will come back to GT. Was hoping there would still be a buck tag when I got back but I doubt it. Oh well I don't mind shooting a doe, the more meat the better. I am going to try to make it the whole year on the meat from this season. Bought a game freezer and everything :-).

Comment

last email said 1 tag left

Comment

Originally posted by Falling View Post
                                last email said 1 tag left
                                Thanks for the update, I just got my email back up so that's good to know. I am really surprised how fast they went.

Comment

Working...
                                X