No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVERYBODY who has NOT set up their blind yet PLEASE look around before you SET UP. When you just throw up a spot you end up being a few measly yards from somebody else’s set. Not trying to cause an argument it will just help everybody in the end if we just space out.

Comment

Originally posted by Muzzy100 View Post
      EVERYBODY who has NOT set up their blind yet PLEASE look around before you SET UP. When you just throw up a spot you end up being a few measly yards from somebody else’s set. Not trying to cause an argument it will just help everybody in the end if we just space out.
      I've learned a that out there its a good idea to walk a 100yd radius around your selected spot before setting up, and look over every square foot of property in the area just to be sure nobody is too close. There is nothing in the rules about a minimum distance between hunters, only property lines and roads/trails, so its up to us to use our best judgement when setting up stands and feeders. If we all respect each other we can all have a good season.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
        I've learned a that out there its a good idea to walk a 100yd radius around your selected spot before setting up, and look over every square foot of property in the area just to be sure nobody is too close. There is nothing in the rules about a minimum distance between hunters, only property lines and roads/trails, so its up to us to use our best judgement when setting up stands and feeders. If we all respect each other we can all have a good season.
        I agree 100%

Comment

Almost time

Does anybody else have any progress reports I thought I would post a pic of this guy.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice avatar pic Grinder (bbm91) goodluck this year to everyone. Got some good pics off the cam. Cant wait for season to start. Who else will be there opening day?

Comment

Comment

got a new camera,had it on the porch all week,it seems to be working good so ima try to get it put out this weekend

Comment

Cool keep us updated.

Comment

got my trail cam today,its working good.also made a box so no one can steal it..haha looks redneck but it would survive a nuke!! so ready for the season to start!!

Comment

i need info on how to hunt over lake georgetown never been there. how do i get a permit

Comment

Originally posted by bigbowman91 View Post
                        got my trail cam today,its working good.also made a box so no one can steal it..haha looks redneck but it would survive a nuke!! so ready for the season to start!!
                        Cool keep it all locked down and let us now what you are seeing

Comment

Looks like yall will have some luck this year. Glad ur setups survived. Hoping to draw a Post card Granger permit today.

Comment

Originally posted by Z7buckmaster View Post
                            i need info on how to hunt over lake georgetown never been there. how do i get a permit
                            I noticed under your screen name its says you already hunt at lake Georgetown. If you dont have a permit already, you're too late. Permits were already issued. You need to apply at the lake office before July 4th, shoot a qualifying course the first weekend in August, be one of the lucky people that gets drawn, pay $90 and pick up your permit.

Comment

got my camera and seed set bout today

Comment

Originally posted by bigbowman91 View Post
                                got my camera and seed set bout today
                                Cool let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Working...
                                X