Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An impala came in later in the morning, I didn't think it was that big and it never really offered a good shot.
    Attached Files

Comment

I finished out the morning with a shot on another guinea. Unfortunately though, I was a little low with my 30 yard pin.....
      Attached Files

Comment

I keep hitting refresh every few seconds. Great stuff Michael!

Comment

As we drove through the rural town of Thabazimbi, it was interesting to see some of the sites. This is the one area I really feel lacking in the pictures.

To see the people carrying large baskets and items on their head as if it was nothing was interesting. Additionally, the housing that some people call home is very unfortunate.

Finally, it was interesting coming into and leaving the town as it reminded me of a small West Texas town, only instead of deer and turkey being right on the edge or in town, it was warthogs and baboons. It was an interesting site.

Comment

Good hunt, hand!

You take enuff arrows?
            Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
            l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
            ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

For the afternoon hunt, we elected to hunt an area where a very big Nyala had been spotted. We setup a ground blind next to some brush and a tree about 20 yards from the water.

While in the blind, I thought back to the big warthog from earlier in the day and how even though he was so close, probably 12 yards, it just didn't happen. Hitting my arm on the back of the blind and making the noise causing him to spook is just one of those little things that causes us to love bowhunting so much.

That excitement of being so close to sealing the deal.....is why we love bowhunting!
              Last edited by MichaelW; 09-12-2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                Good hunt, hand!

You take enuff arrows?
                Thanks bud! Towards the end of the hunt.....I was wondering

Comment

After sitting in the blind for several hours, it all came down to a matter of minutes.....

Out of nowhere, the Nyala appeared out of the brush.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Anthony saw it first and the unmistakable look on his face told me what it was....

I leaned forward in the blind to see and all it took was seeing the shadow of this beautiful animal that the sun was casting on the sand to become extremely excited!!!!!

I instantly drew back my bow as he came walking by. As he stopped, I attempted to relax and settle the pin. I held for a few seconds trying to focus on picking a spot, and as I did, he began to slightly quarter to...

Comment

It was too late, the arrow was already on its way....
                      Attached Files

Comment

It looked like a good shot and we thought we heard it crash. We gave it a few minutes and eased out of the blind to take a closer look. We called the tracker on the radio and took up the trail.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by MichaelW; 09-12-2010, 07:05 PM.

Comment

It was a short trail with an extremely beautiful animal on the other end.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by MichaelW; 09-12-2010, 07:07 PM.

Comment

awesome!

Comment

Very Nice Michael...

Amazing animals and outstanding write up thus far. Cant wait to see the remaining.

Comment

One of the coolest threads ever on TBH. Keep it up Michael. Thank you for taking the time to put together this awesome thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X