Kayakers shot at!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kayakers shot at!

This may have been posted already, my apologies if it has. But I just found out about it and thought ya'll might like to read about this too.

http://www.caller.com/news/2010/apr/28/fishing-trip-turns-into-a-matter-of-survival/[/URL]

If its the same one about the guys pinned down on the oposite bank of the bay and the game warden coming to them it has been posted several months back. Do a search if I remember right one of the guys on here was a friend of theirs and was posting a lot more than the article was saying.

Comment

so what happened? im too lazy to check out the link..

Comment

Originally posted by hand grenade View Post
        so what happened? im too lazy to check out the link..
        some kayakers got shot at

Comment

They got shot at again. LONG STORY.

Comment

Is this the guys who got shot at near Labonte Park in Calallen. The game warden showed up heard the shots but couldnt find their way in to where the shots were coming from. I havent heard any more about it since, this was a few months back.

Comment

Same story. The warden is Kevin Mitchell out of San Patricio County. The shooting occured somewhere along the Nueces River as it empties towards the Nueces Back Bay. Too bad Kdvin didn't find the guys..usually he is "packing". I know Kevin and his arsenal, they would have been in a "firefight".

Comment

Don't bring a paddle to a gun fight.

Comment

They were on a public waterway just about 500 yards or so from the boat ramp at Labonte Park on the Nueces River doing some fishing when they suddenly got fired upon from some one on the bank. They supposedly were unable to paddle away from the area cause every time they did they got shot at. That is why the Warden heard the shots as the kayakers were talking to a 911 dispatcher. Who ever was doing the shooting saw the warden and high tailed it out of there before he could find them. That area is usually frequented by transiensts and a bunch of people taking target practice even though it is in the city limits it is so secluded that the police rarely make visits and I guess no one calls. Untill now, I fish the river all the time and only live about 6 miles from where the incident took place and it is the first I hear about something like this happening.

Comment

That would make you carry a gun everywhere you go

Comment

Thanks guys for the info and update. I did a search on here for the title I listed but it came up empty. I figured it had already been posted, but wasn't sure.

Comment

total idiots running around out there at times!

Comment

Working...
                        X