This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

36 YO Lady Kills Elephant with bow in Zimbabwe First one Killed by a Lady

36 YO Teressa Groenwald-Hagerman shot a African elephant recently with an 83# PSE X Force compound Bow in Zimbabwe near the Sanyati Area 4 hours from Gokwe, ZIM.
    her PH was my old friend & neighbor DUDLEY ROGERS from Bulawayo ZIM

Teressa is South African Born Lady aged 36 and stunning looking, and a avid hunter and now lives in Kansas where she operates a Booking Agency for African Hunts. She worked otu for 4 hours a day for 8 months to be able to draw the 83# PSE XF Bow.

She was married to Mr Groenwald a somewhat notorious PH who has been in a lot of legal trouble recently, and not well respected in the Hunting Industry. Check with SCI for legal issues)
    They jointly owned OUT OF AFRICA SAFARIS( they are now divorced.) Now there are two Out of Africa Safaris firms I hear.

She is sponsored by Danner boots, PSE Archery, and FOXY HUNTRESS of DALLAS TEXAS!!!

the Shot was made at 12 yards,and the Bull traveled 500 yards before going down. 500 African Villagers were fed with the meat from the Bull.

I don't know what arrow or Broadhead she used BTW

This was her first bow kill BTW

FOXXY HUNTRESS of DALLAS TX ALSO SPONSORS TV STAR & Ace African hunter CINDY GARRISON

BRAVO Teressa Well Dome My lady! You have joined very small club of elite hunters who have bowhunted the African elephant with one arrow.

Any pictures available, that you know?

Comment

Now that's a lady with dedication,working out for 8 months to draw back her bow. I must say a girl that shoots elephants with a bow is pretty intimidating, but never the less its good to see the ladies getting involved.

Comment

That X Force rocks and so does she !!!

Comment

12 yards!!! I bet they had a great blood trail because of the low entry!! She had to have been shooting UP!
          That has to be one of the best examples of setting a goal and working hard to achieve it!
          Any details on the elephant, cow, bull, weights????

Comment

Congrats to the huntress, sure would like to hear the story from her and some pics to go with it.

Comment

Great story!

83# WOW. I have a 85# PSE Mustang and it is a bear to draw. It is very fast and carries tons of kinetic energy.

Comment

good stuff

Comment

Comment

Comment

Congrates,

Did you go Iyayayayaya when you released. LOL I cant remember what movie that was from. She Ra or something like that.

Comment

Thank you for your support, Tink!
                        I have to correct a couple of things. I was born in Irving, Texas. I happened to have married a South African. Due to that marriage, I lived in SA for about a year. I am now happily divorced! If I was still married or been born a South African, I would have never been able to take on the goal to shoot an elephant with a bow. There are not many foreigners who support women hunters, a few, but not many. I am no longer booking safaris for Out of Africa. I plan to start a booking agency but haven't started it as of yet, soon. Sorry, Tink, I should have told you.
                        I must say this was the hardest task I have ever taken on in my life. It took 14 months of training before I was physically capable of pulling the heavy bows.
                        The hunt itself took a long 8 days before I got close enough to take a shot. If I was shooting a rifle, I could have shot about 60 elephants starting on day one. But, I wasn't using a rifle. Due to the fact that I was using a bow, it made the 14 months of training worth while.
                        We were in the middle of 37 elephants when I finally got a shot. It was at 12 yards kneeling.
                        I would like to thank every one who has supported or showed support for this feat. Thank you!
                        If anyone has questions, please feel free to ask. I have a couple of pictures on my website at prohuntress.com. I will try to shrink some down to put on here. Thanks again for the support!

Comment

Wow! That is awesome. Congrats!

Comment

That is awsome....all that hard work really paid off!

Comment

Thanks for the call

I am tryignto down load your pix with no luck

We had some bad storms today got 7 inches of rain and I get my Internet via Sattellitte so that may be why.

You mentioned you used the german kinestics Silver flame Borahded 180 grain an awesoem head

Told me you use the PSE Carbon called the Black mamba

There have been several elephants taken with the German kinetics Silver Flame Broadhead too

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when you come to Kerrville I will throw a big Texas barbeque for you and introduce you to mt TBH Buddies.

Happy trails.....

Bravo

Tink

Comment

Working...
                              X