Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
jkf123
Ten Point
 
jkf123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Doss
Hunt In: Texas
Default F250 Diesel "Cleaning Exhaust Filter" Message

I bought an '09 F250 6.4L diesel last year and am not getting the fuel mileage I had hoped. I am averaging between 11-17mpg. It now has 5500 miles on it. I have noticed lately (every other day) a message appears on the console saying "Cleaning Exhaust Filter". A buddy of mine said it is burning up the emissions to make it cleaner. I would assume this would use more diesel hence giving me worse fuel mileage. Is this a necessary component or can it be disabled without affecting the warranty or anything else and give me better fuel mileage?
jkf123 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young
 
Atfulldraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hill Country
Hunt In: a high fence, southwest of DFW.
Default

doesn't sound like you're driving it enough

(I put 55,000 on mine last year )
Atfulldraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #3
Tubby
Pope & Young
 
Tubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tyler, TX. ✞ CM ✞ ✞Jaspro✞
Hunt In: Sterling, Delta, Freestone Counties & The Diamond C!
Default

With the "ultra-low sulfur" diesel that's in the pumps now, it's difficult to get good fuel mileage anymore. What you're truck is doing is burning the excess "soot" out of the exhaust filter. It's not using extra diesel to do this, it's an electrical burn to remove the exhaust build-up within the filter. DO NOT park out in the pasture with the truck running where as the filter gets so hot, it will ignite the grasses! I got my '09 about 6 months ago and I get about the same mileage as you do. You can't modify it (yet) but at 36,000 miles or 3 years (once the bumper to bumper warranty has expired) you can remove that filter and replace it with an aftermarket "piece" that has all the hook-ups on it. The computer will think that the filter is still there. Doing that and putting a chip in it will double your fuel mileage. I'm at 22K miles and I'll be doing this pretty pronto. When I find the info on the aftermarket product (a guy at work has done it so I'll get it from him), I'll let you know.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #4
jkf123
Ten Point
 
jkf123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Doss
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atfulldraw View Post
doesn't sound like you're driving it enough

(I put 55,000 on mine last year )
I just bought it in December I couldn't see paying 9K more for the '10 model.
jkf123 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
jkf123
Ten Point
 
jkf123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Doss
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
With the "ultra-low sulfur" diesel that's in the pumps now, it's difficult to get good fuel mileage anymore. What you're truck is doing is burning the excess "soot" out of the exhaust filter. It's not using extra diesel to do this, it's an electrical burn to remove the exhaust build-up within the filter. DO NOT park out in the pasture with the truck running where as the filter gets so hot, it will ignite the grasses! I got my '09 about 6 months ago and I get about the same mileage as you do. You can't modify it (yet) but at 36,000 miles or 3 years (once the bumper to bumper warranty has expired) you can remove that filter and replace it with an aftermarket "piece" that has all the hook-ups on it. The computer will think that the filter is still there. Doing that and putting a chip in it will double your fuel mileage. I'm at 22K miles and I'll be doing this pretty pronto. When I find the info on the aftermarket product (a guy at work has done it so I'll get it from him), I'll let you know.
Thanks Tubby. I would appreciate the info on the aftermarket products.
jkf123 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
BpsDaddy
Ten Point
 
BpsDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lockhart
Hunt In: Where ever I can.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
With the "ultra-low sulfur" diesel that's in the pumps now, it's difficult to get good fuel mileage anymore. What you're truck is doing is burning the excess "soot" out of the exhaust filter. It's not using extra diesel to do this, it's an electrical burn to remove the exhaust build-up within the filter. DO NOT park out in the pasture with the truck running where as the filter gets so hot, it will ignite the grasses! I got my '09 about 6 months ago and I get about the same mileage as you do. You can't modify it (yet) but at 36,000 miles or 3 years (once the bumper to bumper warranty has expired) you can remove that filter and replace it with an aftermarket "piece" that has all the hook-ups on it. The computer will think that the filter is still there. Doing that and putting a chip in it will double your fuel mileage. I'm at 22K miles and I'll be doing this pretty pronto. When I find the info on the aftermarket product (a guy at work has done it so I'll get it from him), I'll let you know.
Xs 2. I had an '09 F350 and it would give that message every 250 miles. It's called a Regen kit, and it does just what Tubbs said. I now have a '10 F350 and it does it also. No worries. Just wait until your warranty is over and chip it and put a Bully Dog 4" exhaust on it and watch your mileage improve.
BpsDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #7
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young
 
Atfulldraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hill Country
Hunt In: a high fence, southwest of DFW.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkf123 View Post
I just bought it in December I couldn't see paying 9K more for the '10 model.
Sounds like you're right on track, then!

I don't know anything, I was just pushing the thread to the top!
Atfulldraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2010, 11:25 PM   #8
jkf123
Ten Point
 
jkf123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Doss
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BpsDaddy View Post
Xs 2. I had an '09 F350 and it would give that message every 250 miles. It's called a Regen kit, and it does just what Tubbs said. I now have a '10 F350 and it does it also. No worries. Just wait until your warranty is over and chip it and put a Bully Dog 4" exhaust on it and watch your mileage improve.
Thanks for the info BPS
jkf123 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-11-2010, 11:26 PM   #9
jkf123
Ten Point
 
jkf123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Doss
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atfulldraw View Post
Sounds like you're right on track, then!

I don't know anything, I was just pushing the thread to the top!
'preciate it. I'll get a pad post in here too I'm close to growin' bone!
jkf123 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 01:01 AM   #10
Blast-n-cast
Ten Point
 
Blast-n-cast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Corpus Christi
Hunt In: Goliad County, New Mexico, and anywhere else I can get a tag
Default

lots of good info about your truck and mine on the diesel stop forum. I have been a member over there since I got my 7.3 and any time I have had an issue I posted up and got tons of responses many times with a DIY write up. It has really helped me out. http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/
Blast-n-cast is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 06:28 AM   #11
LFD2037
Ten Point
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Waxahachie
Hunt In: Palo Pinto & Burnet Co.
Default

Get out on the highway & go for a drive, @ least 30 or 40 miles nonstop. It will allow it to do a full 'regen'.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 06:53 AM   #12
Texas Pride
Ten Point
 
Texas Pride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hockley,TX
Hunt In: Lampasas Lease but I'll hunt any where I get invited
Default

Sometimes it seem like some of this new technology is moving us backwards. Less emissions less milage and more fuel. I thought we were trying to get better milage and use less crude?
Texas Pride is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 07:02 AM   #13
Capfab
Eight Point
 
Capfab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Georgetown
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Pride View Post
Sometimes it seem like some of this new technology is moving us backwards. Less emissions less milage and more fuel. I thought we were trying to get better milage and use less crude?
I agree Texas Pride. I have a 2008 (first year of the new platform) and still only get 14 mpg w/ 53k. Emissions are 50% less but I use twice as much...... @$%#$%*#.
Wish I still had my 02 with the 7.3.
Capfab is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #14
SAGEBRUSH ASSASSIN
Eight Point
 
SAGEBRUSH ASSASSIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Odessa
Hunt In: Scurry and Crane County
Default

The filter is the DPF..When it senses less flow on the back side of the filter it will put more fuel into the cylinders to raise exhaust temps.To burn the soot to ash...That is why your MPG goes down during this process..It is not an electrical burn..After a while all that ash can ruin the filter and you have to have it replaced..You can get a programmer so you can remove the DPF..I did this with my Duramax..It only voids the warranty on the exhaust system unless you are running any kind of extra power..Check out powerstrokenation.com....They have lots of good info. on this stuff for the FORD..Oh ya without the filter your truck will sound wicked..Mine sounds like a jet engine but I have straight 4" from the downpipe back..NO cat and no muffler..
SAGEBRUSH ASSASSIN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 07:53 AM   #15
planomustang
Six Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Plano
Hunt In: Wise/Montague County Line
Default

To improve your mileage, you might want to lubricate your muffler bearings.

randy
planomustang is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 08:13 AM   #16
J.Shoot
Six Point
 
J.Shoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tuscola
Default

Do your research, I have had this problem. It "will" void your warranty if you remove the dpf filter and it is noticed by the dealership. This is straight from the dealer that I use. They are watching this closely. I have an '08 and average 12 mpg, but I also have 35" tires on it.

I'm waiting for the warranty to expire and then I will chip my truck. But do alot of research there are some that aren't working as well as others. I'm going to put a Spartan on mine. Their R&D is all on Ford's.

J.Shoot
J.Shoot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #17
Ron
Pope & Young
 
Ron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ennis
Hunt In: USA, Concho County and S.E.Colorado
Default

Some good news here. When I bought the 09, I thought it was suppose to be an improvement in mileage. It does run a lot better than the 6.0 and it's quieter, but the mileage stinks.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 08:40 AM   #18
BpsDaddy
Ten Point
 
BpsDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lockhart
Hunt In: Where ever I can.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Shoot View Post
Do your research, I have had this problem. It "will" void your warranty if you remove the dpf filter and it is noticed by the dealership. This is straight from the dealer that I use. They are watching this closely. I have an '08 and average 12 mpg, but I also have 35" tires on it.

I'm waiting for the warranty to expire and then I will chip my truck. But do alot of research there are some that aren't working as well as others. I'm going to put a Spartan on mine. Their R&D is all on Ford's.

J.Shoot
Same here J. I am running 325/60R20 Nitto TerraGrapplers and I am getting 12.5 mpg, AND I use a cetane additive. I asked my local dealer about taking the dpf filter off and was told it will void the entire warranty. So I figure I'll just wait.
BpsDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #19
SAGEBRUSH ASSASSIN
Eight Point
 
SAGEBRUSH ASSASSIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Odessa
Hunt In: Scurry and Crane County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Shoot View Post
Do your research, I have had this problem. It "will" void your warranty if you remove the dpf filter and it is noticed by the dealership. This is straight from the dealer that I use. They are watching this closely. I have an '08 and average 12 mpg, but I also have 35" tires on it.

I'm waiting for the warranty to expire and then I will chip my truck. But do alot of research there are some that aren't working as well as others. I'm going to put a Spartan on mine. Their R&D is all on Ford's.

J.Shoot
check the Magnuson-Moss warranty act..Says they cannot void warranty unless the failed part was due to an aftermarket part being installed..Means that if you change your exhaust and your A/C goes out thay still have to cover that under warranty..if you change the exhaust only the exhaust will not be covered..If you add power then powertrain warranty is not covered...If your dealer wont fix your radio or A/C cause you changed the exhaust then find another dealer or fight it; that is against the law..
SAGEBRUSH ASSASSIN is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 08:47 AM   #20
bentman
Ten Point
 
bentman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Deer Park
Hunt In: Gods Country
Default

Your truck does use more fuel when in "regen mode" On my 2009 & 2010 the mileage sucks
bentman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #21
BpsDaddy
Ten Point
 
BpsDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lockhart
Hunt In: Where ever I can.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGEBRUSH ASSASSIN View Post
check the Magnuson-Moss warranty act..Says they cannot void warranty unless the failed part was due to an aftermarket part being installed..Means that if you change your exhaust and your A/C goes out thay still have to cover that under warranty..if you change the exhaust only the exhaust will not be covered..If you add power then powertrain warranty is not covered...If your dealer wont fix your radio or A/C cause you changed the exhaust then find another dealer or fight it; that is against the law..
Good info Sage. I'm gonna have to look into that. Thanks
BpsDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #22
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Odessa, Texas
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

pm sent
trophy8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #23
texas bound
Ten Point
 
texas bound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ft Worth
Hunt In: OK and Texas public land
Default

Fords diesel have never been known for getting the best fuel mileage and with the new fuel it only gets worse. Try diesel clean. It comes in a grey bottle and will give you about 2 more mpg. Also it helps keep you fuel system lubed up. And if you can afford it put a programer on it and new exhaust and a K&N.
texas bound is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 09:00 AM   #24
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Odessa, Texas
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

like drew said...a dpf delete kit...done around 75 or so of em and have yet to have anyone not love it....
trophy8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #25
Big Poppa Blake
Ten Point
 
Big Poppa Blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Aledo, TX
Default

My buddies 08 F350 does it all the time. My 08 F250 hasnt done it once... who knows
Big Poppa Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #26
denowt
Ten Point
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lavaca Co
Hunt In: Lavaca Co/public land
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast-n-cast View Post
lots of good info about your truck and mine on the diesel stop forum. I have been a member over there since I got my 7.3 and any time I have had an issue I posted up and got tons of responses many times with a DIY write up. It has really helped me out. http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/
x2 for a great website. If you have the tools and time to do the repair, you can learn how to do ANY repair with the knowledge you can learn from this website.
Kind of like this website is for bowhunting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas bound View Post
Fords diesel have never been known for getting the best fuel mileage and with the new fuel it only gets worse. Try diesel clean. It comes in a grey bottle and will give you about 2 more mpg. Also it helps keep you fuel system lubed up. And if you can afford it put a programer on it and new exhaust and a K&N.
Many will tell you a K&N air filter is not recommended for turbo diesel engines.
denowt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #27
LFD2037
Ten Point
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Waxahachie
Hunt In: Palo Pinto & Burnet Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGEBRUSH ASSASSIN View Post
check the Magnuson-Moss warranty act..Says they cannot void warranty unless the failed part was due to an aftermarket part being installed..Means that if you change your exhaust and your A/C goes out thay still have to cover that under warranty..if you change the exhaust only the exhaust will not be covered..If you add power then powertrain warranty is not covered...If your dealer wont fix your radio or A/C cause you changed the exhaust then find another dealer or fight it; that is against the law..
Better have more money than the manufacturer for a lawyer. It 's not fair but they will win on this. You are making it non emmisions compliant. I know they don't test for emmisions on diesel's in Texas yet but it is a federal regulation. I'm an avid diesel owner, have been for years, & I know all the tricks. But you have to pay to play on this one. I got rid of my DPF & added a Smarty jr on my '08 CTD & the fuel mileage went up about 5 mpg's!
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 12:00 PM   #28
lil_armond
Eight Point
 
lil_armond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Port Arthur, Texas
Hunt In: Carta Valley, Montgomery Texas, and anywhere else I am welcome.
Thumbs up

It's no big secret that the Ford Diesel gets the worst fuel economy out of all of them. The Ultra low sulphur diesel has created a drop as well but that is about what an automatic Ford Diesel is going to get. The old 7.3l did better but they are hard to find.

The Magnuson vs. Moss act states that anything you change to make the vehicle more efficient that that does not void the warranty. That is not word for word but close enough. Not many people know about the Magnuson vs. Moss act even alot of dealership employee's. If the engine fails they have to warranty it, it will be a fight but the burden of proof is on the manufacturer and they have to prove that what you did to the vehicle is the direct cause to the failure. Doing so takes money, and R&D not to mention lawyers and if you lose court costs so alot of the time if you fight and don't back down it is cheaper for them to warranty it.

Next time get a "GOAT." Just kidding but the Dodge is king when it comes to diesel and Cummins is where it is at.
lil_armond is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 12:59 PM   #29
txdukklr
Pope & Young
 
txdukklr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sugarland
Hunt In: Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAGEBRUSH ASSASSIN View Post
check the Magnuson-Moss warranty act..Says they cannot void warranty unless the failed part was due to an aftermarket part being installed..Means that if you change your exhaust and your A/C goes out thay still have to cover that under warranty..if you change the exhaust only the exhaust will not be covered..If you add power then powertrain warranty is not covered...If your dealer wont fix your radio or A/C cause you changed the exhaust then find another dealer or fight it; that is against the law..
you have the money to stay in court and fight the failed part was due to an aftermarket part being installed part of the warranty act.

First hand knowledge that if you do ANY aftermarket they will attempt to point the upgrade to the failure.

I like everyone else would recommend waiting until the bumper to bumper goes out then chip it. I did that with my 6.0.

This is part of my dilema wait for the 2011 Ford Diesels or go with this crappy milage 6.4.
txdukklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #30
Bubbagq
Six Point
 
Bubbagq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Round Rock TX
Hunt In: Anywhere (Mostly Central Tx)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blast-n-cast View Post
lots of good info about your truck and mine on the diesel stop forum. I have been a member over there since I got my 7.3 and any time I have had an issue I posted up and got tons of responses many times with a DIY write up. It has really helped me out. http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/
x2 this is a great sight. Thanks for that info. I have a 09 350 King and the light comes on justine yours. But u
I woul not complain to much because your is ferti g better mpg than mine is. Great truck though!!!
Bubbagq is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 04:47 PM   #31
txfireguy2003
Pope & Young
 
txfireguy2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Temple
Hunt In: Burnet Co.
Default

I'm not sure about the Fords, but a buddy of mine has the new Dodge Cummins. He said his diesel guy told him to run with the exhaust brake on all the time and drive it like it's stolen. Said they are designed to be worked, and people driving them as daily drivers leads to more buildup of gunk in the exhaust system. He has had no problems with his having done this. I should also qualify that statement with the fact that he is OCD about everything. With 50K+ miles on his truck, I'd be willing to bet the engine compartment is cleaner than most new trucks on the lot.
txfireguy2003 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #32
Tick
Eight Point
 
Tick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sherman
Hunt In: Cook
Default

Look into a SPARTIN dpf delete kit, dont get a cheap kit do some research, I get 12 to 13 mpg, with 20000mil on the truck. Dpf delete kit will void your warranty and it dose use fuel to burn the soot out of the system.
Tick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #33
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Odessa, Texas
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

correction....DPF (deisel particulate filter), which comes stock on all new deisels uses fuel to clean out filter...burns all soot out...but will eventually completely clog up and have to be replaced...the DPF DELETE will remove the particulate filter and fool the trucks computer...basically tellin it the filter is there and clean as a whistel...end result? it will never go into regen mode...i have looked at and tested quite a few dpf delete kits, and dr performance is one of the very best out there...using a setup similar to the DPFR...dpf delete will ONLY VOID YOUR EMMISIONS WARRANTY as drew stated....they cannot legally void your whole warranty, but if ya think about it, when you do a dpf delete what is there to have a warranty on? nothin...thats what i rigged up 10-11 trucks for one company here in odessa and the average mileage jump was from 8-12 mpg jumping to 18-22...hauling a loaded 30 foot gooseneck. and it gives you another 30-35 horses...these were all dr performance kits used...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick View Post
Look into a SPARTIN dpf delete kit, dont get a cheap kit do some research, I get 12 to 13 mpg, with 20000mil on the truck. Dpf delete kit will void your warranty and it dose use fuel to burn the soot out of the system.
trophy8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #34
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Odessa, Texas
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

you may not have the time but i have fought a few dealers on the dpf deletes, and THEY have not done the research proving any programmer or exhaust upgrade has caused any failures...therefore they are forced to do warranty work on the vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdukklr View Post
you have the money to stay in court and fight the failed part was due to an aftermarket part being installed part of the warranty act.

First hand knowledge that if you do ANY aftermarket they will attempt to point the upgrade to the failure.

I like everyone else would recommend waiting until the bumper to bumper goes out then chip it. I did that with my 6.0.

This is part of my dilema wait for the 2011 Ford Diesels or go with this crappy milage 6.4.
trophy8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 05:42 PM   #35
southdakota_man
Six Point
 
southdakota_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Anyone have a link to DR Performance kit that everyone is talking about? I couldn't find one on google other for the 6.4l.
southdakota_man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #36
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Odessa, Texas
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

http://www.drperformance.com/index.asp
there ya go....pm me with any questions....i am a dealer and have sold to a couple tbhers...and give a good tbh discount..
trophy8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 06:00 PM   #37
TreeNap
Eight Point
 
TreeNap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy8 View Post
http://www.drperformance.com/index.asp
there ya go....pm me with any questions....i am a dealer and have sold to a couple tbhers...and give a good tbh discount..
From the website you listed...

"NOTE: THE DR. PERFORMANCE DPF DELETE KIT IS FOR OFF ROAD/ RACING USE ONLY! THIS KIT CANNOT BE USED ON VEHICLES DRIVEN ON PUBLIC ROADS."



What is the price of this kit?
TreeNap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #38
trophy8
Pope & Young
 
trophy8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Odessa, Texas
Hunt In: Coke County
Default

every single one says that....every company that has one available will tell you its not legal...some states it is some its not...only time you will have problems is in the future during an inspection...and i have not had one single customer say they have been rejected due to the kit...its a very simple install..and just as quick to remove...so if they give ya any lip, pull it off the truck, then put it on when you get your sticker. pm me for pricing...need to know where it will be shipped, and if you will pay taxes....if you claim to not have to pay taxes i will need to see proof or you will pay them....
Matt Moore


sorry guys slipped my mind i should have mentioned what treenap just brought up earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeNap View Post
From the website you listed...

"NOTE: THE DR. PERFORMANCE DPF DELETE KIT IS FOR OFF ROAD/ RACING USE ONLY! THIS KIT CANNOT BE USED ON VEHICLES DRIVEN ON PUBLIC ROADS."



What is the price of this kit?
trophy8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com