Wildlife Water Guzzler....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildlife Water Guzzler....

Anyone have any experience with one of these?????

Let me know if you have any experience with these and what your opinion of them is.... I am thinking of adding one to my feed station up in Kerr county!!!

I have an opportunity to pick a couple used one's up.... The 8'X2'X8' 750 gallon models...
    Last edited by TexaswBOWhunter; 02-06-2010, 07:21 PM.

Looks like they should be good.

Comment

Looks like a PAIN. Bet it's pricey too...

Comment

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
        Looks like a PAIN. Bet it's pricey too...

What appears to ba a PAIN about it????

From what I saw you set it out and for every inch of rain.... You get 35 gallons of water for the deer... Am I missing something???

Comment

might work

Comment

Have you found out what kind of prices they have on these?

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
              Have you found out what kind of prices they have on these?
              I am gonna call the company Monday and see what they charge for them new!!! I did some searching on the net and found another company selling them for $1800....

The one's I am looking at are used, the guy used them on his High fence place till he could get some wells drilled.... Now they are just sitting there and all he said was he would make me a good deal if I come and picked them up!!!!

He said they worked well and always had water... He is located out of Mountain Home and they don't get a ton of rain.....

I was wondering if anyone here had any first hand experiance with them and if they worked like they did for him!!!!!

Comment

We have looked at them for years and wanted to get some but the price has always been a factor. When are you coming in town?

Comment

I looked at these a couple years ago myself when the guy first mentioned these to me... I am thinking that he might make me a decent deal now that it's two years later and he still has them and is not useing them....

My flight is scheduled for this next Friday the 12th, however I may have to stay till Tuesday... Either way I will be in touch with you as soon as I get in!!!!

Comment

TP&W makes big ones in West Texas. In some areas they make a big difference.

Comment

Seems to me like if it's raining enough to keep these things filled, you wouldn't need them anyway. You would just end up hauling water to them.

An 8 foot diameter water trough catches roughly the same amount of water, BTW. I guess it just wouldn't keep critters out like this one.

Comment

I contacted them back in the summer time about the 750 gallon one... seemed they wanted $1200 but not sure

Comment

Check out this thread about watering systems. There are some great ideas on there that you can probably build yourself for much less!
                          Last edited by AggieHunter; 02-06-2010, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Thread no workee

Comment

Not sure what happened... I fixed it!

Comment

Working...
                              X