Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bowtech+Diamond+Triple Edge=Merry Christmas for the Family!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowtech+Diamond+Triple Edge=Merry Christmas for the Family!

Back in July, I decided it was time to get my girls set up with bows in hope of getting them ready for the season. I called Sam at Triple Edge, and he suggested several possibilities, but recommended the Diamond Razor Edge because of the versatility of the draw length (18-29") and draw weight (either 15-30 or 30-60 lbs.). After much discussion (and patience on Sam's part), I decided to buy two of the Razor Edge kits for my oldest daughter and wife. I bought one in the Hardwoods Grey for Jeanette, and the other in Pink/Black digital camo for Michaela (14).

Click image for larger version

Name:	michaela shooting bow med.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	24791239

I was able to back Michaela's bow down to about 27 lbs. at 23" draw to let Courtney (10) shoot (she struggled, but was able to pull it back), and I knew it wouldn't be long before she was ready for a bow, as well. I think she kinda felt left out a little bit, but I didn't want to purchase a 15-30 lb. bow that she would outgrow in a matter of months.

By hunting season, Michaela hadn't spent enough time practicing to be ready to hunt with her bow, but she and Courtney each shot good bucks with rifles.

With good bucks under their belts, it was time to start trying to get the girls ready to bowhunt! Fast forward to Christmas. I started checking around again to see what options were for acquiring Courtney a bow that she could shoot. With Diamond offering only two models in the Razors Edge, I was looking for something different so we didn't have two of the same bows. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything with the versatility of the RE, so I figured I could change the strings, cables, wrist strap, etc. enough to differentiate the bows. Once again, I placed a call to Triple Edge to discuss buying another Diamond.

Sam presented me with another option. It seems Bowtech recently introduced another bow, modeled after the RE, called the Soldier. It has slightly different cams, pre-stretched strings, and some other upgrades, but it still has an 18-29" draw adjustment and also boasts a 30-65 lb. weight range! I decided the additional features, combined with not having to have two of the same bows for the girls, was worth the extra cost, so I pulled the trigger!

I was in Houston last week, so I made the trip to Triple Edge to see Mark, Tyler and Sam. In two separate trips, I ended up purchasing the bow and some Beman ICS Junior arrows for Courtney, another dozen ICS Bowhunter arrows for Michaela and Jeanette, an Eastman soft-sided double bow case, and various colored tiger striped Blazers to outfit the girls for Christmas! Even though Michaela already had her bow since July, I set it out Christmas morning to display the new Eastman case. I also purchased Hannah a Lil' Banshee from Academy.

Name:	michaela with bow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	24791243

Name:	courtneys bow.jpg
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	24791242

Name:	hannah with bow.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	24791244

I think I was every bit as excited as the girls! After some adjustment, Courtney was up and shooting!

Name:	courtney shooting.jpg
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	24791245

Name:	courtney shot.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	24791246

Name:	courtney form.jpg
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	24791247

She, and the other girls, will be practicing this week, and if they are proficient enough, I may turn them loose on a jackrabbit and possibly even a hog on our trip to South Texas at the end of the week! This is gonna be a blast!

Once again, I'd like to give a shout out to Mark, Sam and Tyler at Triple Edge for getting me set up with all three bows. I've been extremely impressed with the Diamonds, and I'm certain the same will hold true of the Bowtech Soldier! Thanks guys!

Michael
    My Flickr Photos

Awesome

Comment

Big thumbs up, Michael!

Comment

I see a future filled with you cleaning animals for this bunch Michael! Good job on the gift selection!

Comment

Now that is what I would call an awesome Christmas

Great Job Michael

I will check out the new Bowtech Soldier

Comment

Great job Dad!!

Comment

Score for the women folk!
              Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
              l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
              ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

boy u are truly blessed. Congratulations on such a wonderful, envolved family. This gives me hope for the future.

Comment

Awesome! The smiles on their faces says it all!

Comment

I mentioned wanting to do some things to differentiate each of the bows. I contacted Nateyj several weeks back to ask about getting a few custom wrist slings made for the girls' bows. Nate sent me three color samples to look at before ordering so I could see what they would look like before I ordered. Satisfied, I ordered three slings a week before Christmas and they were delivered a couple of days later. Unfortunately, I was in Ft. Worth and my wife didn't bring the package with her when we met up to head to Houston for Christmas, so I wasn't able to put them on the bows (we parted ways again yesterday, with her going south to visit with family while I returned home to Paris to work). However, I'll meet back up with them next week before heading down to Webb County for a few days of hunting, and I'll install the slings on their bows to give them a personal touch! These things are cool! Thanks for the great work, awesome service and timely shipping Nate! TBH is proud to have you as an associate sponsor!

Name:	wrist slings.jpg
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	23911168

I want to get some matching strings/cables made after the season! Gotta keep the girls properly accessorized!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      I want to get some matching strings/cables made after the season!
                      I got with Nate and Arrowsmith and had Cody matching wrist strap and strings made for his bow.

Both are fine folks to work with!
                      Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

good stuff right there!

Comment

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
                          I will check out the new Bowtech Soldier
                          As a side benefit, either of the three bows will make good potential backup bows, as well! I fully intend to make an out of state trip in 2010. My Hoyt Razortech is 29" and 65 lbs. Within a few minutes, and without a press, I could have the Bowtech Soldier set up to the same specs in the event something happened to the Hoyt. Of course, with three daughters and a wife that want to hunt, I'm not sure I'll even have need for a primary bow for several years!

Michael
                          My Flickr Photos

Comment

good times

Comment

I was at BPS this evening getting some gear and putting in a new peep sight!This couple was buying bows for their kids and they all got Diamonds Razors Edge! 4 of them to be exact then when the youngest one was trying to get his size they tried to get him a bear warrior but it was to long for him!They were ready to pull the trigger on the nuclear ice but didnt have any in stock!He was in tears poor lil guy but dad assured him as soon as they arrive they'll be back to get his bow!I was glad to see all those lil ones that will be joing to bowhunting ranks this year!Sorry wasnt trying to thread jack just glad to see all the young folk getting involved and looks like Diamond Razor Edge all the bows of choice for the youngens!Heck Diamonds make all good bows!

Comment

Working...
                              X