January 10th@ Mesquite Archery Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January 10th@ Mesquite Archery Club

We will be starting our 2010 season Januray 10th at 10A.M.
    Gate will open by 8 with comp. coffee and donuts. When you are finished shooting try some road kill chili or one of Waynes hamburgers and warm up around the fire pit. Shoot fee is still $15.00 with cash pay out, 30 Mc Kenzie targets. We are located at 4415 Cleveland rd. Dallas Tx.

We are looking forward to seeing all the old faces and meeting new ones.
    If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me or call me 972-743-9283

Thats on a Sunday, right?

Comment

Yes that is a Sunday.

Tim, what part of Dallas is the club at? N,W,E,S? I guess just a major cross road so I have an idea how far from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Extremebowman View Post
        Yes that is a Sunday.

Tim, what part of Dallas is the club at? N,W,E,S? I guess just a major cross road so I have an idea how far from me.
        We are on the south side of Dallas, Two blocks south of
        I 20 after you take the Bonnieview exit. The Bonnieview exit is approx 3 miles east of 35E.

Comment

I'm thinking about trying out the 3D "circuit" thing. I've shot a couple for fun, but never really got into all of the details. How will this course be set up? Will it be like an ASA shoot with the individual classes, or more of a just for fun thing? Could you try and have it about 68 degrees too, I'm a fair weather shooter Just kidding, If I nothing else creeps up, I plan on being there.

Also, I noticed on the TASA site, the rules say there is a "speed limit" for the classes. Do all associations have a "speed limit"? I don't have a rocket ship, but my bow does shoot over that limit. Do I have to take my arrows to a Golden Corral buffet or turn down the #'s to be able to play?

Comment

Extreme if you are shooting int he TASA events, you will have to slow your roll. Some clubs adhere to that, but dont enforce it. The ASA shoots it is enforced, and some times shooters are DQ'd for it. 288fps is the max for any class so you can either shoot heavier arrows, or less pounds to get there.

Comment

Thanks BHT, that's what I was wonderin

Comment

Originally posted by Extremebowman View Post
                I'm thinking about trying out the 3D "circuit" thing. I've shot a couple for fun, but never really got into all of the details. How will this course be set up? Will it be like an ASA shoot with the individual classes, or more of a just for fun thing? Could you try and have it about 68 degrees too, I'm a fair weather shooter Just kidding, If I nothing else creeps up, I plan on being there.

Also, I noticed on the TASA site, the rules say there is a "speed limit" for the classes. Do all associations have a "speed limit"? I don't have a rocket ship, but my bow does shoot over that limit. Do I have to take my arrows to a Golden Corral buffet or turn down the #'s to be able to play?
                Our course will be set up like a typical asa course. We shoot senior, open, hunter, trad, women, and youth classes. No speed limit for club shoots. Fast misses count the same as slow ones. We will save you aplace around the fire.

Comment

If I can get my bow set before then I would like to shoot at this one.

Comment

ttt

Comment

How many of us are going to fight the cold tomorrow?

Comment

Cold

I am planning on going as of right now.

Comment

I may try. depends on my night here at the fire station

Comment

Good job Guys!! It was a great coarse today as usual.Got to see alot of TBHers today & a few new ones to me anyway.

Comment

A big thanks goes out to those that braved the cold morning to help us kick off the 2010 season. The sun was out and warmed things up to a comfortable level. It was good to see all of the new faces mixed with the old crowd. We are looking forward to a great year. Until next time stay safe.

Comment

Working...
                              X