Finally My First Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally My First Buck

After BOW hunting for 4 years, building feeder pens in the middle of summer, hauling corn sacs around, getting up early, bleeding, sweating, etc... I finally killed a buck. And I must say I am very proud of my first Bow Buck.

I saw this buck last year on the trail camera, but always at night. Never a day picture or anywhere close to that. Hundreds of pictures later and still none. Here he is last Year. I think he was 3.5 year old. Click image for larger version

Name:	ICAM0114.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	24781675

Then I got a few pics of him this year. At night again but closer to the evening.Click image for larger version

Name:	ICAM0159.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	159.2 KB
ID:	24781676

Well, Wensday morning rolls around and I dont have class until 10 am so I run out to the place for a morning hunt. I didnt see squat but I did swap out memory cards on the camera. Turns out he had been showing up earlier and earlier the last three evenings in a row!! It was going to be a clear evening so I decided to gamble and go back out for the afternoon. Bad news was that I had a test Thursday morning at 8AM!! Really needed to study but my priorities were in line so I went hunting.

I get in my stand about 5:30. Nothing until 7. I cant even remember shooting. I waited and waited and Broadside, drew, settled and released. I was really freaking out at this point. I sat in my stand shaking for 10 minutes!! finally I got down and looked at my arrow.

Red blood all the way. Complete pass through. I know some people dont like the Montecs but I took some 1500 grit sandpaper and sharpened them up real good. Blew clean through and bedded in the ground a couple inches.

He took off and I heard him crash... I started calling people! followed the trail and he didnt go 70 yards.

This is where the fun began, didnt know a deer was so freakin hard to drag out of the woods. So I am thrilled. Took me forever to get it out and cleaned and quartered and back home and then to my apartment to study all night for my test this morning. Ive gotten 6 hours of sleep in the last 60 hours!!

Whoop for my First Buck with a Bow. Addicted for Life.
    Attached Files

Great first buck!!! Looks like all the hard work paid off. Congrats!

Comment

thats great, There is hope for me to I guess. I have hunted for several years and never got a but either. Congrats

Comment

Congrats!! Thats one good looking buck... I bet it looks even better to you after all the work

Comment

Now that is a really nice Buck, one to be PROUD OF FOR SURE..........
          I know I would be tempted to shoulder mount that one!

Comment

Awesome deer, Congratulations !!! Great first buck

Comment

congrats! Cool deer

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congratulations....hunting in shorts....good move.

Comment

Heck of a first buck . Congrats

Comment

Congrat on a fine buck!!!!

Comment

Awesome buck..first one or not! Congrats.

Comment

That dude looks bigger on the ground than in your trail cam pics. Very nice, Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snuffmachine View Post
                            Congratulations....hunting in shorts....good move.
                            Oh come on, i think i should get some benefit of the doubt! naw i got really hot in the pants while i was dragging him out. I swear it took an hour. Drag him 15 feet at a time, rest, 15 feet, rest... Im out of shape.

Comment

Congratulations on a fine buck!

Comment

Working...
                              X