Flex Corn on sale at Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flex Corn on sale at Academy

Just bought a bag at Academy for $5.69. Figured it was cheap enough to try out this weekend. Thinking about just throwing it out before I climb in the blind.
    Any luck, suggestions, or feedback?

Let me know if it's OK. That last I bought from D i c k s was the dirtiest I have ever seen. Looks like they swept it up off the floor...

Comment

I put some out this year at my place in central Texas and the deer do not like it at all.

Comment

I used some and the deer quit coming around, put regular corn back in and started getting pictures of deer again.

Comment

help me out here.... what is flex corn?

Comment

Originally posted by shinerbock View Post
            X2

I must be using regular corn because I am getting deer on my cams.

Comment

Originally posted by shinerbock View Post
              X3 - Is this what your run in flex-fuel deer?

Comment

It's cracked up corn . Really funny stuff .

Comment

It is made by Wildgame Innovations. It is supposed to be clusters made up of corn, protein and fiber, with a few other ingredients.

I haven't opened the bag yet, so i am not 100% sure myself, but it was cheap enough to try. I will put out regular corn as always, just wanted something else to add/try. If they don't like, they will eat the corn. I am hunting Junction and they seem to eat anything.

Comment

Its like Trix cereal for deer.

Comment

If it lays in the rain it falls apart and is no good. I tried it before all of the rain we just got and it gummed my feeder up from the moisture(it was only a little moisture too). Spend the extra .75 and buy corn.

Comment

I mix it in with regular corn in North Central Tx. and the Deer love it!! Its almost as if they will eat around the regular corn and just eat the flex. If you use it in a spin cast make sure to mix it good otherwise it will clog your feeder. If you pour it straight on the ground it will melt as soon as moisture gets to it. Other than that I've had great luck with it.

Comment

Deer dont like it, but boy the quail and turkey do

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

DO NOT PUT IN YOUR FEEDER. One of the guys on our lease did, it will stop up your feeder. It looks like protein pellets. It does not like mositure.

Comment

Working...
                              X