Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonder how many "panther" or mountain lion screams are...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder how many "panther" or mountain lion screams are...

....mistaken for a red fox scream by the people who claim they heard a big cat at night...?

the mention of a red fox scream was posted in another thread but I found it extremely interesting....especially with all the folklore type stories that get started because somebody claimed they heard a big cat wailing like a woman at night.

Things that makes you go hmmmmm. ..... Very interesting...

I'm glad I heard it here so I won't need a new pair of underwear while walking to and from stand...

Red Fox

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.

Supposed mountain Lion screams....

Last edited by Smart; 08-22-2009, 09:24 AM.

I have had fox do those towards me along with barking like a dog at me. Funny little animal.

Comment

Bobcats will make the same sounding noise.

Comment

the one I was hearing at the house, I thought it sounded like a sick crow or something..........now I know it is a fox.....learn something new everyday.......

Comment

I just thought is was you screaming from the nightmares of not pushing the record button.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
            I just thought is was you screaming from the nightmares of not pushing the record button.
            ouch

Comment

You should see my lab, she is freaking out every time the fox screams. LMAO

Comment

That would so freak me out at 5 in the morning walking to a stand!

Comment

Originally posted by Navajo View Post
                  That would so freak me out at 5 in the morning walking to a stand!
                  It will make the pucker factor go up a bit thats for sure!

Comment

I had a grey fox do that, but it was right after I shot her. We had a bobcat come in behind us one night when we were calling, and he/she screamed like that about 30 yards from us. Scared the heck out of us. After we jumped and probably hollered and turned the spotlight around, the cat was running off.

Comment

I have heard that and figured it was a fox, I have also heard a fox bark. We were at the zoo one time and the mountain lion screamed while we were standing there, sounds nothing at all like a fox, it scared the heebie jeebies out of me at the zoo, and I will never forget what it sounds like. I have also heard a bobcat scream walking to the stand, sends chills up your spine, but the mountain lion is unmistakeable.

Comment

I once chased "Spur" around his truck with a six foot rattler......HE SCREAMED REALLY LOUD could have been mistaken for a mountain LOLOLOLO!!!

Comment

I've only heard what I have been told was a big cat scream and it was nothing like the sound in the fox clips. Could it have been a bobcat? I dunno, but it made the hair stand up on the back of my neck and I had goose bumps all over me. This was when I lived in Mississippi.

Comment

Those fox screams will make you pucker out of surpise.... But, if you hear a real one it will make you pucker until you taste your shorts. You can tell the difference if you listen to both of them seperately.

Still spooky.

Comment

Several years ago down at the ranch one of the trappers caught a mountain lion cub. For the next few nights the mother lion would roam up and down the creek bottom screaming. No mistaking a Mt. Lion. We never got the mother.

Comment

Working...
                              X