No announcement yet.

Question to all you DIY bow fixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youtube is a good suggestion. I have followed their directions many times and you can do it. You will be proud that you did this on your own as well. Next time your in a Archery Shop pick you up some serving material and serving tool, it will come in handy. You don't need the serving tool to tie in a peep though. Good luck.

Comment

I don't go anywhere without at least a little dental floss (and a needle). Comes in handy for emergencies like this one.

Comment

It's always a good idea to order some serving and keep it handy in a ziploc bag. Tying a peep in is very easy, and knowing how to tie peeps/d loops can give you peace of mind

Comment

Dental floss is all I ever use for peep serving.

Comment

Sounds like your peep wasnt sitting right in the strings to start with. I shot my elite with out having the peep served for 2 years no problem. Like stated any thread really will work. Now to "LeanMachine" Superglue? Seriously? Have you ever bought new strings? I have o question somebodys judgement when they say to put super glue on bow strings that cost me about $100 to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by sutherpride59 View Post
              Sounds like your peep wasnt sitting right in the strings to start with. I shot my elite with out having the peep served for 2 years no problem. Like stated any thread really will work. Now to "LeanMachine" Superglue? Seriously? Have you ever bought new strings? I have o question somebodys judgement when they say to put super glue on bow strings that cost me about $100 to replace.
              Superglue will not hurt your bowstring. But the idea is to put the glue on the serving and not the bowstring. Very easy. I tie on my nocking points and i used to lock the knot with a dab of superglue before i realized that melting the ends worked better. If i needed to remove the nocking point to reserve the string or whatever, i just cut it off with a razor blade. I do shoot a recurve and it costs me about $1 to make a string. I have a spare one tuned and ready in my pack. Perks of trad.

Comment

Originally posted by cwittttt View Post
                Braided fishing line, floss. If it is just on the peep you will be fine until you can get it to someone. Lots of people shoot without their peep being tied in.
                Yep it's true. Mark the string with a light dab of "White Out" or paint marker pen, in a spot where you can personally identify the position of the peep. If you do happen to shoot, you can always assure the peep is back in original place before you get to re-serve it.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                  Well you could re-serve it. If you dont know how to do that just put a dab of superglue on it.
                  Super glue will harden and crystalize that string. Not a god idea if you aren't a fan of pain and injury....

Comment

Working...
                  X