Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txdhunter29 View Post
    It amazes me how many 3.5 yr old deer everyone has
    I'm not sure I follow. Do you age him at 3.5?

Comment

Nice mount!!

Comment

Originally posted by txdhunter29 View Post
        It amazes me how many 3.5 yr old deer everyone has
        I think it's a comment towards every age on here being 3.5,45.

I think most guys (including me) get the young deer right, but a lot of mature deer on here seem to be aged to low. I see a lot of 5.5+ deer and folks are saying their young.

Seems its rare that the consensus is older. A few guys I have real faith in . . . . Chance, RTP, jooger . . . . and a few others.

Chance is my man . . . .If it's my deer and I want to know for sure I send it to him.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
          I see 6+ and he could be considerably older.

X2

Comment

well after blowing the picture up to 300%, its still hard to see the tines. They look very short to me. I'd be surprised if he made 100"- 105". That's giving him between 60"-70" on beam length and spread and I don't see more than 40" in mass and tine length

And I agree with the older crowd. Id say MAYBE 5.5 but I'd lean towards 6.5+ and on the downhill side.

Its very hard to tell but I also don't believe the two pics are the same deer either

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post

I think most guys (including me) get the young deer right, but a lot of mature deer on here seem to be aged to low. I see a lot of 5.5+ deer and folks are saying their young.

Seems its rare that the consensus is older. A few guys I have real faith in . . . . Chance, RTP, jooger . . . . and a few others.

Chance is my man . . . .If it's my deer and I want to know for sure I send it to him.

Its easy to say 3.5 - 4.5 because when you are wrong, on either side, you're not off by much...............middle of the road is easy and safe usually

Comment

Great looking mount, I think you got your moneys worth.

Comment

sweet hog mount! what was the cost?

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post

If you check the stats on number of older bucks killed in a low fenced hunted herd, there is simply a lot more 3.5's than older deer. Deer older than 6.5 don't exist is my portion of leon county according to my game warden.

Comment

Old thread but this buck was killed off our place this year. I would think he was 4 in my original post 2 years ago based on size now. What do y'all think? Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451714285.996212.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	24423638
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451714321.712726.jpg
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	24423639

Comment

Original pic I posted Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451714444.559214.jpg
Size:	264.1 KB
ID:	24423640

Comment

If that is the same buck you posted 2 years ago that buck is older than dirt. Pic of buck 2 years ago looks 6.5.

Comment

Working...
                          X