Let's Discuss Diesel Trucks and Sanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Ive owned them both and that ain’t a bad thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Not a bad thing at all. My 5.9 was “cool” when I was 22 now they’re just obnoxious

Comment

Mike according to the OP you are envious of Brazos Hunters new belongings

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
        Lately I have been noticing diesel trucks more than usual. One reason is I have seen some old enough to vote for brand new prices in the Classifieds.

Another is I see folks buying them that cant even hitch a trailer. Like my SIL that has a 2017 Cummins she can't even backup much less hitch a trailer. Also, threads like, "Can I pull my ten foot utility trailer with my daughter's stuffed animals with my top of the line late model half ton?" Look some people just want to drive them and that's cool. If online betting was legal I would bet a happy meal there are at least 5 posters to this thread that say some variation of, "I/THEY can do what I/we want it is personal choice".

Just a PSA for those unsure. Your late model half ton most likely has a max tow in excess of 10k and you don't need to respond to every 25 foot travel trailer thread, is it half ton towable?

No one stepped on my rubber tail. Overpaying for vehicles has been a pet peeve of mine since my reading "The Millionaire Next Door" and "Total Money Makeover".
        What do you drive?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I learned pretty fast during Harvey that in a crisis you do NOT want a diesel. Diesel was sold out 2 days faster than gas was.. Almost within hours of the storm turning towards Houston.. A couple days after Harvey was gone I drove to New Mexico and about 1 out of 3 stations had gas and about 1 out of 20 had diesel..

They'll definitely last longer than most gas engines and get better gas mileage than most of them, but the maintenance costs are so much higher.. I'll take the poorer mpg any day.. Just had to make this exact choice between a V10 or 7.3 Excursion..

Towing (more than a couple weeks a year).. That's a different story.. But ya, 1 out of 10 diesel owners ever tow a thing.. They may as well not have hitches, but I guess that wouldn't look cool lol.. And, a V10 will tow just fine! Will just get 7mpg instead of 10mpg, but w/e

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
            For that matter why buy a new bow when older bows will work? Why hunt with an expensive compound bow when a cheap bolt action rifle will work? Why hunt when there's grocery stores selling food cheaper than hunting equipment?

I get what you mean, and being in Houston where I know for a fact most of these trucks are just for show, but who cares. If they earned their money and have the ability to purchase one, who gives a rip.
            That’s all hat and no cattle. But people should buy whatever they want

Comment

I have a 2017 F-250 and I’ve never even towed anything in the 13 months I’ve owned it. I don’t even have a hitch to be able to two something.

It’s actually my secondary vehicle that I drive to the gym or out to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LOL...this thread has some dumb scattered through it.

I sure wish I had enough free time to give a crap about what other people drive.

Carry on

- I don’t chase dreams, I HUNT goals

Comment

6 more months. I'll post something later to get y'all going

Comment

I’ve pulled trailers with anything from a kodiak 5500, f450, 2500hd gas and diesel, and a v6 ecoboost, my conclusion is that it all sucks, I will always have something to complain about. The favorite vehicle I’ve ever driven was a Volkswagen Jetta, 30-40 mpg no one asked me to haul things and it had just enough room to fit all my gear and enough clearance to get to deer camp.

Comment

I love my diesel pickup.
                      No gooseneck hitch.
                      $120 oil changes don’t bother me.

How other people spend their money is no business of mine, and that goes both ways.

Comment

No good reason to buy a diesel now that Dodge has plans to put the Hellcat engine in the Ram Rebel.

Comment

Good grief...this thread is like teenage girl drama .

"I mean like Oh mah gawd Becky...did you see the size of heeer truck?" Can you believe she like, drives a diesel and she doesn't even need one all the time? Oh mah Gawd she must hang out with those rednecks! gag me with a spoon....my Prius can do all she needs and gets better gas mileage...and Oh mah Gawd its so loud.. It's like totally mid blowing.. They are so not cool like me because I think I know what is best for everybody..

2001 Ford F350 Crew cab 7.3L diesel 4x4. Bought it for longevity, the crew cab size/room with a normal sized bed and dragging a bass boat and a duck boat all over the state of Texas, southern OK and all the way up into Minnesota on the Canadian border 9 times. Ordered it, paid for it and drove it off the lot with 9 miles on it and still running strong. 290,800 miles on her and she still looks **** good IMO. So why those folks who have "the right truck for their needs" keep having to replace their 1/2 tons or Priuses over that 17 year period, I've done pretty well with my diesel decision monetarily and I've never had to ask..."can I tow that or can I put that much in my bed and drive at the lease or anywhere for that matter." Plus it has 10 years on the rockiest deer lease I have even been on and handled it like a champ suspension wise. So yall vehicle Nazis can shove that keeping up with the Jones and cowboy talk up your collective......well you know what.. I'll keep chugging along until she can't chug anymore.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7966.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	24535968

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7964.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	24535969
                          Last edited by Smart; 04-13-2018, 06:11 PM.

Comment

So what are we griping about here???

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I drove a trailblazer for 7 years

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                                This thread wreaks of jealousy.
                                x2

Comment

Working...
                                X