Camp knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp knife

Made this for a friend. Ats-34 SS, spalted/stabilized Tamarind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1432934392114.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	25056353

good looking knife

Comment

Like it.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

$$?

Comment

That's sweet. Very functional design.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by ajm2nac View Post
                  $$?
                  This one is spoken for, but one like it would run $125.

I work/make these in my garage. With the weather being uncooperative lately, I haven't been able to get out there to work much. I've got 4 more knives sold and in process now. I'm hoping it settles down soon so I can get caught up. lol

Comment

That's a great price, I'd consider charging more, I know what's involved and the cost of materials.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                      This one is spoken for, but one like it would run $125.

I work/make these in my garage. With the weather being uncooperative lately, I haven't been able to get out there to work much. I've got 4 more knives sold and in process now. I'm hoping it settles down soon so I can get caught up. lol
                      Funny I am in the same boat literally knife orders on the bench but really need to get back to the real job that actually pays the bills IF it ever dries up???

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
                          That's a great price, I'd consider charging more, I know what's involved and the cost of materials.
                          I've thought about it. But I don't want price myself out, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                            I've thought about it. But I don't want price myself out, so to speak.
                            I hear ya and understand but when you can no longer keep up with orders is the time to gradually increase prices. You'll know when you've reached the upper end of prices for your market.

I've had some brokers/dealers contact me. They wanted me to make knives for them to market. They said I could double the number of knives I was selling, but they wanted to pay me 50% of my normal prices.
                            Now I'm not real smart but I see no reason to work twice as hard for the same money.
                            Last edited by MikeConner; 05-30-2015, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeConner View Post
                              I hear ya and understand but when you can no longer keep up with orders is the time to gradually increase prices. You'll know when you've reached the upper end of prices for your market.

I've had some brokers/dealers contact me. They wanted me to make knives for them to market. They said I could double the number of knives I was selling, but they wanted to pay me 50% of my normal prices.
                              Now I'm not real smart but I see no reason to work twice as hard for the same money.
                              exactly! Well said Mike.

Comment

Working...
                              X