Repaired an old crock jug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repaired an old crock jug

What I did is not nearly as nice as some of the knives I've seen on here, or some of the furniture or BBQ pits, but I'm pleased with the way this little project came out.

This old 4 gallon jug was at my father's house for many years. As long as I can remember it had a huge chunk missing from the top, seriously affecting its value as well as its appeal. After looking online for tips on how to repair these things, I came upon the idea of using the epoxy that comes in a tube. I mixed up a couple tubes of the stuff and placed it all around the neck, let it dry, and sanded it down as best I could, all the time adding more epoxy as needed. When I was happy with the results, I painted it with glossy black spray paint. Here are the results. The thing actually looks better in real life than what the photo shows.
    Attached Files

Awesome work!!! Looks great.

Comment

Looks like a great job to me. I can't tell it was repaired.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Looks good

Comment

looks great. can it hold a tune now?

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Don't know if it can hold a tune but it can hold 'shine.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoyed working on this. It's not much of a project, but the fact that my dad had it kinda makes it a little more special to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X