Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sight/string twist issue

Hi All,

This may seem like a novice question but I bought my bow about a year ago and every time I get about 12-15 shots out of it and the peep string right twists so that I can no longer see threw it clearly. Luckily, I live next to a Cabelas so I take it to them and they fix for free but I have a few questions, 1 - why is my bow string twisting? 2 - how can I stop it from twisting? 3 - i currently have the two point site that splits the string in two, should I switch to a three point to help with this problem?

Thanks

Far as I know it's your string stretching. Shouldn't happen every 15 shots though. Take it to a real bow shop. Not those yahoo's at cabelas.

Comment

String is stetching and naurally twisting. Not uncommon. Take it to a shop and have them put it on a press and they can roll it back to where it should be. You will be good as new. I had the same issue with mine a few years ago, it is frustrating as all get out, but easy to fix.

Comment

Usually a simple d-loop adjustment will fix it, also keep that d-loop tight. Tighten it with a set of needle-nose pliers, and they also make a special tool to tighten it.

Comment

If it's doing that after that many shots and then your having to have it adjusted every time. I would say its time for a new set of strings.

Comment

I had a new string installed because they could not get the twist out of my old one, now my new one is twisting, really effects my accuracy, guess I will bring it to Smithfield or CC before I head to Kansas in a week.

Comment

Working...
            X