Grim Reaper vs G5 T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grim Reaper vs G5 T3

Which broadhead would you reccomend and why. Thinking of making the switch to mechanicals and have heard good things about both of these broadheads.

Never tried grim reaper but the one time a shot a t3 the doe was HARD quartering away, but not any worse than I have shot deer before and as it hit her it deflected off her and skipped off. When I got the arrow there was a little blood on the broadhead and hair but that's it. Smoked her down with a montec the next day and I haven't shot a t3 since. Not bashing them, I probably should have waited until she turned broadside more but I still feel like it should have not deflected. Just my experience

Comment

I bought a pack of reapers and t3 before last season started. Lost two back to back does in one weekend, and the shots were textbook. Gave my last t3 away!! Nothing but reapers for now on, should of never left em in the first place!!

Comment

Grim reaper whitetail specials

Comment

I have used both and both killed the deer I shot them at deader than a hammer with great blood trails. That being said the little clips that hold the T3s to the ferrule are a PITA....I have gone exclusively to Grim Reapers razortips in the 1 3/8" cut.. They do ugly things to those deer....and they are reusable with a little sharpening..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzSjsJH1PMk"]Lopsided 8 w/ kicker - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I'm a T3 fan. IMHO, even if they don't open up, you still have the cutting surface on the outside of the head. The spider clips are different - and NOT reusable. They have never failed on good shots, and made a couple of marginal shots into short tracking jobs. I'm back to fixed, simply because I finally got them to fly like I wanted. I wouldn't hesitate to screw on a T3 though. I also killed a lot of deer with the older Tekan II's.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              I have used both and both killed the deer I shot them at deader than a hammer with great blood trails. That being said the little clips that hold the T3s to the ferrule are a PITA....I have gone exclusively to Grim Reapers razortips in the 1 3/8" cut.. They do ugly things to those deer....and they are reusable with a little sharpening..

Lopsided 8 w/ kicker - YouTube
              What he said, I have shot both and I have nothing bad to say about the t3. With that being said I think the Grimm reaper is much less likely to fail or deploy prematurely

Comment

What do y'all do to resharpen your Grim Reapers??

Comment

I have the g5 broad head sharpener. It works pretty descent, or you can take them to a nice shop and they can do it for a small fee. Probably the option I normally use

Comment

Knife shop.... I really like autocorrect

Comment

Yea I am kind if leaning towards the grim reapers I like how it doesn't use o-rings to keep the blades closed. Now to find someone who sells them.

Comment

If you can't find anybody let me know. There are plenty in Lubbock

Comment

I use Reapers or Ramcats in my quiver. Lov the design of both.

Comment

Thanks fireman I will definitely let you know if I can't find some around here.

Comment

Reaper blows less blades than a T3.

Comment

Working...
                              X