No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was camping at the PC last week for 3 day. Just as the sun was setting i saw a freakin tank about 200 yards away. Never seen such a large hog in person. Saw about 20 that night just couldn't close the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter69 View Post
      When was that one taken?

This morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter69 View Post
        I was camping at the PC last week for 3 day. Just as the sun was setting i saw a freakin tank about 200 yards away. Never seen such a large hog in person. Saw about 20 that night just couldn't close the distance.
        Which direction?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by strigif0rm3s View Post
          Which direction?

Not sharing, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
            Not sharing, sorry.

It's OK, wasn't talking to you.

Comment

It's OK, wasn't talking to you.

Oh, lol

Comment

Originally posted by AdventureBoy View Post
                Oh, lol

Hahhaa. I don't share mine either. It's all good bro!

Comment

Which direction?

To the left at the field.

Comment

Swineosarus Rex is out there, waiting to be found. I saw a 300lb hog several years ago, down below the dam. If the helicopter hunts did not get im, he must be 400 lbs by now.

Comment

Did a little hunting this morning; hoping the forecast light rain would dampen crunchy leaves and the forecast overcast would get some moving. This was to be an water-born assault. I left Willis Creek Park boat ramp and kayaked up the creek, but I hit a logjam at the spot marked X on the map, and had to start walking 300 yards sooner than planned.

It was sprinkling, but not enough to deaden the leaves. It WAS nicely overcast, but no hogs were seen, just wandering duck hunters. I got out of the boat at just about 10 am.
                      Last edited by NightStalker; 12-30-2016, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I took my 9 year old with me on Friday morning. We went to gate 6 and pushed towards the water and then towards gate 7. We started about 9am and ended about 11:30 am. We went through the thick stuff and jumped up a few deer. Didn't see any hogs but saw a couple other hunters leaving as we arrived that saw a few. Is this a decent way of hunting them from gate 6? Any recommendations on a better way? Also do any of you guys take a pistol at all with you just in case you have one decide to come at you? Would love any and all recommendations.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pbaird View Post
                          I took my 9 year old with me on Friday morning. We went to gate 6 and pushed towards the water and then towards gate 7. We started about 9am and ended about 11:30 am. We went through the thick stuff and jumped up a few deer. Didn't see any hogs but saw a couple other hunters leaving as we arrived that saw a few. Is this a decent way of hunting them from gate 6? Any recommendations on a better way? Also do any of you guys take a pistol at all with you just in case you have one decide to come at you? Would love any and all recommendations.

Perfect way to hunt them, put your time in and you will see and kill pigs. Leave the pistol at home, it's against the law to carry it on the WMA. Unless it's a Taurus that shoots .410 shells.

Comment

pbaird: Almost impossible to move silently enough in the thick stuff, the hogs are hearing the grass and twigs brushing against your pants, and are sneaking away well before you see them. You need to try and stay on paths, and look to the sides. The line in white on the photo shows a path you can take all the way from gate 6 to gate 7. Just one difficult stream crossing. Helps to go after a heavy dew or a light rain, as it quiets the leaves and your footfalls.
                            Last edited by NightStalker; 01-01-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Great info thank you. So you guys pretty much just stay on paths and don't walk in the thick stuff just go slow and look a lot to both sides huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                                Perfect way to hunt them, put your time in and you will see and kill pigs. Leave the pistol at home, it's against the law to carry it on the WMA. Unless it's a Taurus that shoots .410 shells.
                                Thanks for the info Rat I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X