Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Archery Club of Young County June 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Archery Club of Young County June 18-19

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail will be rolling into Archery Club of Young County on June 18-19. ACYC is a new ASA club and we are very happy to have them onboard with Texas ASA.

10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, 30 McKenzie targets, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for young adult and youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

Here are the known distance classes, unknown distances classes, and 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown classes for 2011.

Bow Novice and Women's Hunter will now be ALL KNOWN distance.

Men's Open, Senior Open, Super Senior, Master Senior, Unlimited, Limited and Women's Open will be all UNKNOWN distance.

Open B, Open C, Men's Hunter, Women's Senior, Young Adult, Youth Boys, Youth Girls, Traditional, Women's Traditional, and All Eagle classes with be 1/2 Known Distance and 1/2 Unknown Distance.

If you are in a KNOWN distance class or a 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown class you MUST have a range finder. If you do not have a range finder we will assign you to a group that has a range finder. Yardage sheets will be supplied to shooters that shoot from the Yellow, Green and Orange stakes ONLY.

For a complete schedule, rules, scores, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Archery Club of Young County has classic "Possum Kingdom" terrrain. You will be shooting thru rocky creek bottoms dotted with cedars, mesquites, and oak trees. Expect some elevation changes and many fun and challenging shots. The guys at Young County are very excited about hosting this event. Come out and shoot with us !!!!

The range is located 5 miles south of the intersection of Hwy 380 & 67 (this intersection is in Graham). The range is on the west side of 67. There will be a big white banner marking the entrance. Follow the road to the parking and registration area. And watch out for the pet deer.

Here is a link to a map of the Graham area:

And Remember.....We are The Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am.
    Last edited by Arrowsmith; 06-13-2011, 09:28 AM.

Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by CutTheLoop View Post
      Saturday
      Saturday for us too.

Comment

Probably Sunday for us.

Comment

TTT for a great shoot

bump

Comment

I will be there Saturday, I can't wait to shoot again!!!

Comment

We (ACYC) are very excited to be a part of the ASA family and are really looking forward to being part of the ASA Qualifiers! We've been working hard on a new course layout and are looking forward to seeing how everyone enjoys the fruits of our efforts!

The terrain is varied and has its ups and downs to make things very interresting. As was mentioned, we have a pet deer now. He showed up while I was painting shooting stakes two weekends ago. I noticed an orange collar on him that read...."Don't shoot! I'm a pet!" He will let you pet him, but he's still a somewhat wild animal and you never know what they are thinking or how they are going to react. So that being said, it's probably just best to let him be if you happen upon him.

I don't know where he belongs, but he seems to like hanging out around target lanes 5-8, so please, if he decides to be sociable while you fine folks are there......make sure he is not in the line of fire when shooting.

If anyone has any questions about our location, please feel free to PM me or post in this thread. I'll do what I can to help!

Again, we are really excited about this upcoming weekend's shoot and I look forward to seeing and meeting more of my TBH brethren!

So load up and come on out & I'll see you this weekend!

Greg
              Last edited by ashx2; 06-13-2011, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Just clicked on the map link, and noticed it brings up Wichita Falls. You can of course, scroll south and find the Graham area and see how the highways come/go to the Graham area.

If I was a little more computer oriented, I'd fix it........but unfortunately I'm not that "in tune" with the "how to's" of the linking of things.

Greg

Comment

I will be there both days.

Comment

Originally posted by byrdman03cars View Post
                    I will be there Saturday, I can't wait to shoot again!!!
                    Congrats on your first top 3 finish!!! Yday at ccr!!

Also looks like luke and I will be shooting sat....

Comment

Marlon, your in for a suprise! Things have changed since you were here last! We'll see you Sat bud!

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
                        I will be there both days.
                        We missed you at CCR Todd did you shoot Saturday ?

Comment

OK guys im in for saturday see ya'll there

Comment

Originally posted by ashx2 View Post
                            Marlon, your in for a suprise! Things have changed since you were here last! We'll see you Sat bud!

Greg
                            Hey greg we are looking forward too it!! We will be there sun instead of sat...going too cowtown sat...i need practice!!!!!

Comment

I don't believe it for a minute Marlon! I've seen you shoot and must say that you have done quite well. But alas, practice does make perfect!

We re-organized the targets/shooter's stakes this evening and the portapotties were being put in place as darkness began to fall upon us. The last ones will be in place tomorrow and we will finish checking all the yardages for the target then as well.

After that, there are only some small things that need to be finished up.

The lightning show in the skies was absolutely beautiful as we were leaving the range. It would've been a great night to capture some lightning shots on the camera.

Greg

Comment

Working...
                              X