new backstap recipe i found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new backstap recipe i found

i found this on the web. i have made it twice and it is amazing. the only thing i added to it was one diced clove of garlic to brown in the first step. other than that, it is spot on....

Peppercorn Venison Steak Recipe

Ingredients

1 ½ pounds of venison back strap cut ½ inch thick
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    4 tablespoons shallots chopped
    1 tablespoon butter
    2 tablespoons fresh ground peppercorns
    1/3 cup brandy
    ¼ cup red wine
    1 cup beef stock
    1/3 cup sour cream

Warm butter and olive oil in large skillet(add the garlic is so desired now)
    over medium high heat. (Be careful not to get it too hot.) Salt and pepper back strap on each side. Sear each side of steak quickly. (Do not overcook. Meat should be medium rare.) Place the venison in a oven safe pan and place in oven on warm. Add the shallots, and fresh ground pepper to the pan. Add brandy to the pan to de-glaze. Be careful, as brandy is flammable. Cook over low heat for 1 minute to reduce. Add wine and beef
    stock, turn up heat and add the sour cream, stirring to incorporate. Remove venison from oven and add to sauce. Heat for one minute and serve.

great recipe LB

i cook something similar but use heavy whipping cream instead of sour cream and cube my venison into bite size chunks

i'm als a huge fan of fresh cracked black pepper corn ... good stuff amigo

Comment

i will have to try that Blake. i would assume the whipping cream would melt down smoother than the sour cream. i will give it a shot next time. i have two steaks ready for next week

Comment

That sounds great. Gotta have some!

Comment

i forgot to mention that i substituted apple-juice concentrate for brandy. i just didnt have any brandy and all it is, is fomented apples. works great.

Comment

Working...
          X