Hog Hunting on Ray Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bustinhides View Post
    been huntig on lake lavon for years ,the best areas with the largest numbers of hogs are at the end of bridgefarmer rd and airport drive,there are large numbers of hogs there.if u hand spread corn out there which is the only way u can they will b back .if u go down to the second entrance off of 346 just over the bridge and head in at that location u will c good sign.they like to run the edge of the hardwoods traveling west to east until they get to the big creek.I like to set up in a ground blind off the trails has worked great for me. Another great place is off of 78 at indian creek i have seen the largest numbers out there.You can either hunt them right off the gaspipeline or back in the woods.I have found that they like to stay in those sapling thickets out there until it cools down then they head out looking for food.pipeline is great spot to catch them crossing.heresone from this year
    Awesome pig. What type of license/permits do you need to hunt lake lavon? and is there maps and what not that are easy to see public areas and access.

Comment

Originally posted by InOurNature View Post
      Awesome pig. What type of license/permits do you need to hunt lake lavon? and is there maps and what not that are easy to see public areas and access.

OnX is a great app that shows public/private boundaries and functions like a GPS (no cell service needed).

Do an internet search for Corps of Engineers Lake Lavon hunting and you’re almost certain to find the right page of their website to get you started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X