No announcement yet.

Snake Questions/Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was pontificating and forgot to put in there I don't wear anything special I wear my new balance Tenny shoes about 97.5% of the time, unless there's special circumstances.

Comment

I can tell you that my daughters medical bills from being struck twice above the ankle last spring by a cottonmouth ran right at 200k, took 14 vials of crofab to get her through the 3 day hospital stay and 2 more months before she could actually walk and run normally. She was at an end of school party and they were running through some high grass near a creek on my buddy's 10 acre spread when it happened. Bought a pair of chips for her and she don't leave the house without them! If she even thinks her and friends will be running through anything other than my front yard she got em on lol, I know it can happen anywhere and anytime but sure got our attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have only saw one rattle snake in the wild and I was 7 and it should have struck me, I stepped within 2 inches of it and the only thing I can think of is that it was a cold morning, it has 16 it was a Timber Rattler rattles and had 16 rattles and a button.. I was Squirrel hunting with my and he stepped over it a few minutes earlier. I had never saw my dad get bothered by much but he did when he saw how big it was. Have been struck at by Moccasins and Copper heads several times but never bad enough to get a wet bite. I will be hunting in Sonora TX this year and I am sure there are more rattlers there than the Big Thicket area.

Comment

Ah he'll no Geezy. I've stepped on a couple and had them biting my boot but not for a photo shoot. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
            You are fine with leather boots but I've never been hit wearing rubber boots. Always wanted to experiment with them though.
            As has been said already, the low tops of the boots is the issue.
            I never got struck above the boot top while wearing cowboy boots but I know those who I worked with did but the fangs hung up in the jeans and never made it to the flesh.
            Me posing for a strike. I'd already been hit probably 50 times that day.

**** Geoff! WTH is wrong with you?

Ain’t nobody got time for being struck by a rattler on purpose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You are fine with leather boots but I've never been hit wearing rubber boots. Always wanted to experiment with them though.
              As has been said already, the low tops of the boots is the issue.
              I never got struck above the boot top while wearing cowboy boots but I know those who I worked with did but the fangs hung up in the jeans and never made it to the flesh.
              Me posing for a strike. I'd already been hit probably 50 times that day.

Geezy, I never realized you were nuckin futs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                Geezy, I never realized you were nuckin futs!!!

Gotta be a little nuts to fish with your crazy butt

Comment

Snake Questions/Opinions

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Ah he'll no Geezy. I've stepped on a couple and had them biting my boot but not for a photo shoot. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  **** Geoff! WTH is wrong with you?

Ain’t nobody got time for being struck by a rattler on purpose!

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                  Gotta be a little nuts to fish with your crazy butt

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Geezy, I never realized you were nuckin futs!!! [emoji33]

Aww come on guys, it's fun. I even do it sober.

Last edited by Geezy Rider; 03-05-2018, 02:13 PM.

Comment

That's the problem. We could all understand (kinda) if you were inebriated.

Comment

Comment

Snake Questions/Opinions

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        https://youtu.be/-K7fCQlUhj0

Hahahaha!

I wish I knew how to post a video from my phone. I've got one of me trying to get a copperhead to strike me but he wasn't in the mood.

Comment

Serious question. Who has been bit by snake while wearing snake boots?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post

I have,nothing hhappened. Been bit a lot more times wearing work boots. One time it missed the boot and something happened.lol

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post

a couple of times....but I tend to play with them and make them mad on purpose

I also lost a good pair of rubber boots to a snakebite -- didn't realize he fanged through them until I stepped in a puddle.....

Yep, they leaked, but then I realized how lucky I got that he didn't get my foot.

Comment

The only time I see them in E TX coiled up and not busting azz to get awhile from me is when it's cold. I just look ahead of me on my path and look before I step. When I'm scouting I really don't look all that hard because I know I'm making enough noise and vibration they will be trying to get outta my way.

Comment

Working...
                                X