MLD Ranches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLD Ranches

The more I think about these MLD ranches I love them. I'm a cattle rancher and the more MLD ranches we have must mean fewer cattle on the market is a good thing for me. Any other opinions? Just curious.

How does MLD mean less cattle?

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
      How does MLD mean less cattle?
      It doesn’t. Wildlife exemption maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        It doesn’t. Wildlife exemption maybe.
        Wild life exemption and do not have to run livestock to get the ag exemption. Fewer cattle means higher market in the years to come. Just a thought I had.

Comment

MLD doesn't have anything to do with ag or wildlife exemption. But I see what you are getting at.

Comment

It may help in local markets short term, but cattle prices are affected by national trends. Lots of cattle in Oklahoma, Kansas, and the rest of the Midwest than don’t care what Texas does with its wildlife exemptions or MLD programs

Comment

you are usually getting at least one side of free fencing....so that's a good thing!

Comment

The ranch that we lease from has MLD and they run 1000+ head of cattle on it

Comment

I'm lost because what does MLD have to do with less cattle. I hunt Two MLD properties and they both have cattle on them.

Comment

MLD and Wildlife exemption are 2 different things. The MLD ranch I hunt has several hundred head of cattle and is a working cattle ranch.

Comment

MLD vs cattle? Which one makes the landowner more $$$?

Comment

OP you are a little off correlating MLD permits and cattle. I understand your wishful thinking that more hunting ranches will equate to fewer cattle ranches.

Comment

Not talking apples and apples.

MLD is a state run program for deer. We are on this.

We run cattle as well. Have looked into wildlife exemption for taxes. I think their is still plenty of people running cattle. Deer hunting won't take over the beef market ever in my opinion.

Comment

I was confused. I thought MLD you didn't have to produce ag products. I was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                            X