Wife gets her first deer!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife gets her first deer!!!

We finally got a place that the whole family can hunt on, wife and 2 boys. We are restricted to using my tags only so I basically have sat and watched all season taking turns with each of them but the wife is the only one who has not harvested a deer in her life so she got priority. The two boys both took bucks a couple years ago in Junction. The youngest took a doe in November, the lease is in Montgomery County. We have been out almost every weekend with no luck until last night! In walks a busted up 8 with a good size body on him. I said he's well past the ears and looks older, take him! I hear the heavy breathing start and she's starting to shake all over. I tell her to take some deep breaths and get the gun out the window. She does what I've asked but no way she's calming down lol!!! I'm as nervous as she is by now, but she steadies the gun out the window takes aim and before I know it POW! He kicks and takes off running. She's worried as heck that he's not DRT. Twenty yards back into the brush we found him!!! I thought I was bad with the buck fever. That was the most fun and excitement that I've had in a long time. Congratulations Babe!!!
    Attached Files

Congrats!

Comment

WAYDAGO,
      now this is a thread deserving of congrats

Comment

Congrats to your wife. Sounds like y'all had fun.

Comment

Awesome Congrats

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

That's great. Congrats.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome story bud!

Comment

It's so cool to read how she got all shook up when it came time to shoot. That's what it is all about right there. She got herself a good buck for her first. Congratulations to both of you for a successful first deer hunt. The smile says it all in that picture!

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                          Awesome story bud!

Comment

Nice buck, congrats! You realize you may never get to hunt again now, right? Lol. Having good company in the stand and watching others have fun is better than pulling the trigger by yourself any day.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X