Outfitter to stay away from!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outfitter to stay away from!

If anyone runs into a guy named PAT REYES do not sign a lease with him it is a joke and the place is shot out. the lease is down between uvalde and batesville. we payed 6500 a hunter and promised at least a 170" and he had pictures so heck yea i was in especially with deer prices going through the roof and we got three bucks out of the deal. then come bow season he tells us no bow hunting... ok no big deal i understand that but it would've been nice to know before money was handed over.

after moving in 6 stands and feeders of my own and buying 6 cameras i wasn't getting pictures of anything over 3 yrs old and 100" all summer long. I ran into one of the other lease guys that told me he'd been on it for a few years and the biggest deer he had seen was 120" (worried). eventually got with a couple guys that had gotten on when i did and had there own cameras set up and they hadn't seen any decent mature deer either.

End of bow season i started going and sitting with my camera and would see a new truck drive by every time so one day i came out of my pop up blind and asked a guy if he was on the lease and he tells me that he is on a day hunt (there weren't supposed to be any day hunters). on into deer season i finally saw my first deer that was mature and he was 131" so i shot him for my cull buck. he ended up being the last mature deer we saw on over 30 cameras myself and two other guys were running. when we confronted pat with the place being day hunted we where all kicked off and were told that we were not allowed to take any of our feeders off the place until after the season.

we found the heads of 29 yearling spikes that pat had shot and constantly had pictures of people hunting our stands or driving by us in trucks day hunting. There is way more to this story but in summary stay clear of him and you will see this lease on criagslist this spring but do not waste your money cause you will be donating it to a sorry SOB.

That sucks.

Comment

Wow...thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Holy crap. Might be worth a lawyer on that one.

Comment

I hope you take care of that guy in the court system.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Sounds like fraud and breach of contract, at least. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Would defiantly consider this if you had a written contract!
              Would also consider one major *** kicking!!! But in today's wissified society that would only result in the scum getting more money rather then common sense prevailing and seeing he got what he deserved

Comment

Yikes, bad deal, sorry you went through that.

Comment

Thats too bad. I wouldnt care what he said. I would be going to get my things asap! If he wants to terminate the lease then he needs to let you have your things.

Comment

Have your attorney put a lean against the land owner. That will end Mr. Reyes hunting operation.

Comment

There is a special place waiting for these types of people, once there short walk on earth is done...............

Sorry for your lost effort, time and expenses.

Rwc

Comment

Sounds like you did all the work, he reaped all the benefits, and you payed him to do it.

I would have pulled my stuff as soon as I knew others were hunting it, and were paying him to do so. Regardless of what he said, you weren't very smart for staying after you knew you were getting used. As soon as I get "kicked off" a lease my stuff goes with me. JMO.

Comment

WOW i would be calling my lawyer on that one. I got news for ya if you have a breech of contract like is sounds on his end and he is trying to tell you that you cant get your personal stuff off he has another thing coming. He has no right to your stuff. I would call the LEO and say im going to get my stuff and would like for you to join.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
                            WOW i would be calling my lawyer on that one. I got news for ya if you have a breech of contract like is sounds on his end and he is trying to tell you that you cant get your personal stuff off he has another thing coming. He has no right to your stuff. I would call the LEO and say im going to get my stuff and would like for you to join.
                            This. I would have showed up with a sherriff and got my things out.

Comment

We took all of our stuff off after being told we couldn't. We only stayed and continued to hunt the place after everythig that was going on because we already had so much time and money invested that we atleast wanted to put some meat in the freezer.

I did talk to multiple lawyers that are good family friends and each one of them said that it would be a hard case to win and maybe even more money spent. No one could tell us yes we will get you some money back so we decided to just cut our losses and walk away from it. Very difficult lesson learned no doubt and I never thought it would happen to me cause I ask all the right questions when getting a lease but this one got me and a few others really good.

Sad part is that the land owner is roger Hoyt jr the vp of ducks unlimited lol the biggest conservation and game management orginazation in the Uniates states and he is letting his 4500 acre ranch be run by a trigger happy moron and doesn't care at all about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X