Flickr question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flickr question

What are the image sizes yall are uploading....the full size file(3mb +)? That will take forever and a day. Basic Flickr gives me 100mb/month. I can eat that up quick. Thanks for the info.

Do the upgrade Sutton. It is well worth it. But to answer your question when I upload I upload the full size right off the card. Before I upgraded I think I was getting close to 30 pics before I got it full.

Comment

I pay for the pro account. That way I can upload as many full resolution photos as I want. It's just one of the ways I back up all my photos.

I always upload the full size.

If you have hi-speed internet, it really doesn't take long at all.

Comment

Thanks Jason. I have the full size images uploaded right now. Sure takes up alot of space at 3MB or so per pic.

Comment

Originally posted by finatic View Post
          If you have hi-speed internet, it really doesn't take long at all.

I have hispeed and it was chugging along at a snail's pace on the upload.

Comment

Upgrading is the only way to go..........as many pics as you want, at what ever size you want.......

Comment

When I signed up for flickr I got a PRO account. I didn't have to pay for it. In my profile it says I have a PRO account as long as I have ATT &Yahoo service.

I can load 3872 X 2592 (original size)about 30sec. per pic.
              Last edited by huntinpool; 05-20-2008, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Jason, download Flickr's uploader. (That sounds funny.) Actually, it's called "Flickr Uploadr." It's a software you can download from their site that resides on your computer that makes uploading easier. Upgrade to pro account. Then when you have a bunch of pictures to upload, you can just get it started right before bed or before going to work so that it doesn't matter how long it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                  Jason, download Flickr's uploader. (That sounds funny.) Actually, it's called "Flickr Uploadr." It's a software you can download from their site that resides on your computer that makes uploading easier. Upgrade to pro account. Then when you have a bunch of pictures to upload, you can just get it started right before bed or before going to work so that it doesn't matter how long it takes.
                  Ditto!

This tool is great for uploads -- just drag and drop them into the uploader and Flickr does the rest. You can even start dragging a new batch while the other one is uploading.

I still need to upgrade my account -- it's on my to do list.

Comment

Working...
                  X