Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dressing

Ok guys, need some help here. I have to make turkey and dressing for Thanksgiving. I have eaten very few dressing recipes that were moist and good. Anybody have a good dressing recipe?

This is my mothers recipe that we eat every year. If you can`t read the hand writing, pm me and I can clarify it for you. She wrote this down over 30 years ago and this is a scanned copy.If you need any more imformation let me know .

Comment

Man...my family makes the best cornbread dressing I've eaten and that is no embelishment. I couldn't tell you the exact recipe, as we pretty much just eyeball everything, but it contains the following:

a couple of pans of cooked cornbread(crumbled up loosely)
      celery(chopped and sauteed along with the pan sausage)
      onion(chopped and sauteed along with the pan sausage)
      juice from a baked turkey
      shreds of turkey meat from the baked turkey
      cooked sage pan sausage(2 1lb. packages)
      diced up boiled egg
      salt pepper

Mix it until it's wet but not mushy, put it in pans to bake at 350 until browned and a slight crust forms on top.

For the turkey juice, I take a large turkey(18-20lbs.) and stuff the cavity full, and I do mean FULL, of real unsalted sweet butter, salt pepper, and bake it as per instructions. The juice and shreds of meat from this turkey are used in the above recipe.

Then, as good cajun decent folks should do, we fry at least 3 12-13lb. turkeys for eatin'.

Honestly, this is the best dressing bar none as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

tried it and it was a great meal

Comment

Hilbile...which recipe did you try? Mine or tpack's? Just curious.

Comment

use the same recipe as HUNTNETIME instead of turkey juice and shredded turkey, use a pint of oysters and there juice. OYSTER dressing it makes every thanksgiving and christmas at our house.

Comment

i've got a killer oyster dressing recipe that will make you slap your mama

drop me an email and i'll send it to you

probably gonna send it to T-Berg for the TBH recipe cookbook

17ln@bellsouth (dot) net

Comment

Lets try and leave our mama`s out of this.

Comment

My wife has a super easy recipe, I will get her to post it up.

It is very very good.

Comment

Working...
                  X