Big Oak Bowhunting - The Best Day Lease In Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Oak Bowhunting - The Best Day Lease In Texas

After having a great experience with my wife last year at Big Oak I had looked forward to a return trip for some time. This time my brother and two good friends came along with high expectations and they were all exceeded. When we got there Friday Marty welcomed everyone and we did a little shooting and storytelling then rode around on the Ranger. Friday hunt was hot but everyone saw some impressive animals. Saturday morning it was storming pretty hard so we got to have Lisa's gourmet breakfast before we went out on the hunt. Another exciting hunt and my brother got his first bow kill. He made a pretty good shot but without Bagley we would never have found that pig. She is part of the reason for the title to this thread. When I take my son to hunt his first animal in the coming years it will be here. Bagley can find a deer or pig without a blood trail, and that is hugely beneficial for kids and ALL hunters (more on that later).

We then had a relaxing day shooting the bows and watching some football before going out for the evening hunt. I got a good shot opportunity at a great fallow buck and made what I thought was a quick kill. Turns out it wasn't a quick kill, but a five hour adventure for Bagley and all of us. Marty, Lisa, and Whitney all helped track that buck like it was their own. In fact at times they were more motivated than I was because I was so disgusted, but they kept lifting my spirits. Well we found the buck just like they said we would and he was a bruiser!

Sunday morning was another great hunt and the weather was really nice. We then had one last delicious meal prepared by Lisa and began packing to head home. My brother had enjoyed himself so much he asked Marty at breakfast "When can we come again?" I think he is officially hooked on bowhunting.

Big Oak Bowhunting is the whole package. Great animals, great accommodations, and outstanding guides/service. This will be at least a once per year trip for us from now on. The lodge is nice enough for even the most discerning wife or daughter, and the food is excellent. I think I gained 5 pounds this weekend! On top of that Marty always does his best to put you in the right spot for a shot opportunity at impressive animals.

A little disclaimer on my title. I've only experienced one other day lease, and to be honest I had a good experience there. It's just that I have been so impressed on each of my trips to Big Oak that it's unlikely we would book a hunt anywhere else. Unless we couldn't get a spot at Big Oak . With that being said I'm sure there are other great ranches out there as I have read some very good reviews. It's hard to imagine having any more fun than we did this weekend with Marty, Lisa, and Whitney. See ya'll next year!

Congrats on a great hunt!

Comment

Glad you had a good time. Big Oak is on my list of hunts to go on.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.
        I'm just doing the hunts for a hobby and groups like yours are what keeps me doing it. We had a blast and look forward to your visit this spring

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	24337584
        Last edited by Buff; 10-13-2014, 12:40 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH]660615[/ATTACH]

Comment

Congrats to y'all on your success, and thanks for the review. Sounds great!

Comment

heck, I forgot to post the picture of your fallow
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	24337611

Comment

Working...
              X