Quickest way to tick me off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I called Walmart asking for the automotive department but the automotive department was closed due to all the rain. I needed to replace my truck battery that was barely turning over when starting. They said I could buy one but the core charge and any difference in prorated warranty would have to be handled thru the automotive department when they opened the next day. The next day I swapped out the battery and drive to Walmart to get my core charge back and find out how much credit on the prorated warranty I should get. They give me the core charge back and the manager says he will handle the warranty part. He says there is no warranty because you have already returned this battery before. I said excuse me lets think about this logically, if I had already returned it how could I have just walked in the door with it? He said well, I'm not saying but our battery cages get broke into all the time. I said whoa, don't even go there, are you accusing me of stealing my own old battery back after I supposedly returned it before? He said well the system says it was previously returned. I told him to unlock the door to the automotive department and left. Came straight home and called the manager. Spoke with his assistant because he was out of town.

Sorry for the long post but the fastest way to tick me off is to accuse me of cheating, lying or stealing.
    Last edited by Robertt; 06-22-2018, 08:11 PM.

That’s just crazy! Common sense out the window.

Comment

Walmart

Comment

And that’s why he works at Walmart!

Comment

I hate that place.... I go there as little as possible

Comment

Originally posted by bbru View Post
            i hate that place.... I go there as little as possible
            yep!

Comment

If I have to go to Walmart, I leave all expectations of service in my truck, learned that 20+ years ago. FWIW, I've had great luck with autozone batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Electrican View Post
                Walmart
                enough said

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post
                  I called Walmart asking for the automotive department but the automotive department was closed due to all the rain. I needed to replace my truck battery that was barely turning over when starting. They said I could buy one but the core charge and any difference in prorated warranty would have to be handled thru the automotive department when they opened the next day. The next day I swapped out the battery and drive to Walmart to get my core charge back and find out how much credit on the prorated warranty I should get. They give me the core charge back and the manager says he will handle the warranty part. He says there is no warranty because you have already returned this battery before. I said excuse me lets think about this logically, if I had already returned it how could I have just walked in the door with it? He said well, I'm not saying but our battery cages get broke into all the time. I said whoa, don't even go there, are you accusing me of stealing my own old battery back after I supposedly returned it before? He said well the system says it was previously returned. I told him to unlock the door to the automotive department and left. Came straight home and called the manager. Spoke with his assistant because he was out of town.

Sorry for the long post but the fastest way to tick me off is to accuse me of cheating, lying or stealing.
                  Sorry for your problem, but if you were that mad, why would you not have marched into the manager's office and dealt with him face to face?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    Sorry for your problem, but if you were that mad, why would you not have marched into the manager's office and dealt with him face to face?
                    Because over the years I have learned honey attracts more flies than vinegar. I knew I was ticked and the automotive manager was an idiot. It was best I collect my thoughts and call the manager. Net result will be better in the long run. The lady I spoke with pulled the battery off to the side for the store manager to look at when he got back on Monday. I expect good results after I speak with him.

Comment

Monday: what battery?

Skinny

Comment

Exactly why I will do everything I can to never step foot in in there.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

So how exactly does this battery repo scam work? I may want in in this deal.

Comment

Forget the manager call Bentonville. They usually are good at taking care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertt View Post

I understand your pain. I bought an iPhone X from an AT&T authorized dealer about 2 months ago. I paid for the phone up front along with a wireless charger and a glass screen protector. I asked the manager if they did free replacements on the screen protector and he said yes but I had to bring it to one of their stores. I bring my phone in to the same store with a cracked screen protector and the people working looked at me like I was trying to steal something. I literally want to burn the place down for a $40 screen protector.

I can’t make this **** up but in the middle of posting this my phone screen went black and came back on with a count down emergency 911 sound. All of the sudden 911 was on the phone asking if there was an emergency and I had to verify my phone number and that there was no emergency[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X