First for me- school field trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First for me- school field trip

My daughter is in kindergarten and asked me last week if I would go with her on a field trip. I took the day off and showed up at her school today. She was so excited. we had a great time at the farm and all the kids were playing. At the end of it the trip one of her class mates said to me " i wish my parents would come to stuff too" it about broke my heart. I know his parents and neither of them work and live right by the school. I just don't see how parents can n to be involved in their kids functions. It seems for all the school events its always the same 6 parent volunteering for everything. I just don't get

Sorry for the rant

Love your children, Spend time with your children, they grow up fast, I can't believe mine is about to be 7.

carry on, c'mom hunting season.

I can’t imagine that neither of them work.

Comment

Yeah, working in the schools I saw that many times. The parents that need to be with their kids at school usually aren't, and those that already spend quality time with theirs, are there whenever needed.

Comment

Fun times.

remember volunteering when my sons class went to the Zoo. His teacher told me she was sorry and assigned my son and his friend to me. I asked her why she was sorry, her reply was, they are a hand full. I replied, no worries, I brought a fresh roll of duct tape. Her expression was priceless.

Comment

Only part I hate about being a teacher is not being able to do that.

Comment

Thankfully, at our elementary school, we have the opposite problem. Sometimes the school has had to say no more parents for space reasons. I can't fathom the other. Of course, some parents have jobs where they just can't get the time off. But to just not care is mind-boggling and sad.

LWD

Comment

Never missed one. I always made time.

Comment

Our boys are in their mid to late 20’s now and I treasure the memory of those outings when they were young - I think they do too. I understand it is really hard for some parents to participate but you have to just make time and do it. In the midst of everything else you have going on it is hard sometimes but you will never get those days back.

Comment

Where was the field trip?

Good job going.

Comment

Unless you have to go for one of your behavior kids snd watch them then it is a *****. Agreed on parents not going or not even signing a release to let their kid go.

Comment

I missed a lot of my kids activities while I was coaching. I finally got out and we went to every event we could, including their college events. I do regret what I missed before I quit coaching, though.

Comment

The #1 reason I got out of the oilfield.

Comment

If your kid school has Watch DOGS, I would highly recommend doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            If your kid school has Watch DOGS, I would highly recommend doing it.
                            This! I make the field trips and I absolutely love being the Watch Dog. I sign up on my kid's birthday and we make it a very special day every year. For those of you that want to be an active dad in your kid's school, this is the best way to do it.

Dads of Great Students - WATCH D.O.G.S. programs helps schools engage parents, fathers and father-figures in education.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
                              This! I make the field trips and I absolutely love being the Watch Dog. I sign up on my kid's birthday and we make it a very special day every year. For those of you that want to be an active dad in your kid's school, this is the best way to do it.

https://dadsofgreatstudents.com/
                              Me too. We can sign up once a semester. I sign up for my birthday and my kids. My son looks forward to it from the first day of school.

I got a few of "I wish my dad would do this." In our watch dog program we spend time helping in each class. You can really tell the kids that don't have a lot of support at home. It is sad.

Comment

Working...
                              X