Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #51
BitBackShot
Eight Point

Hunt In: Llano County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
10/4, 4 total commits at this juncture, Herman is not pushing for fauxmentum! They're both going to pick this state clean in this cycle plus get there OOS tokens.
Herman actually really, really tried to land Leal and absolutely pushed for him to not visit A&M.

Looks like he had good reason to worry.
BitBackShot is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 11:53 AM   #52
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitBackShot View Post
Herman actually really, really tried to land Leal and absolutely pushed for him to not visit A&M.

Looks like he had good reason to worry.
There has been zero push for any kid to go public and they will absolutely stay on top of this kid. I'd gamble the rollercoaster pic comes into play before it's all said and done.
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 11:55 AM   #53
BitBackShot
Eight Point

Texas tried to get his mom to not let him take the visit. They pushed as hard as a school can push.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #54
Michael
Administrator

Hunt In: Webb, LaSalle, Lavaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
The problem A&M has is the same problem every one else has........UGA is the new Bama and Bama is still Bama.

Urban and Dabo aren't going anywhere.
A definite concern.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Michael is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 11:58 AM   #55
EastTexasMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas

Quote:
10/4, 4 total commits at this juncture, Herman is not pushing for fauxmentum! They're both going to pick this state clean in this cycle plus get there OOS tokens.
It's funny you use the word fauxmentum. A texas fan posted a nice few paragraph meltdown that ended up the horn's tears on texags, and this was in that comment...

"This weekend is going to be a good one but this staff is not pushing for fauxmentum or early commits. "

First time I have seen that word in a long time, and now 2x in one day.... I hope that wasn't you on meltdown mode over on OB or shaggy or wherever I won't post the entire meltdown, it's long.

I enjoy reading the comments how "don't worry after a 7 win season the aggies will lose them", but Texas just came off a 6 win reg season and 7-6 total and landed a top 3 class... It's possible to land elite talent with good recruiters and a NC winning coach

Last edited by EastTexasMan; 04-18-2018 at 12:01 PM.
EastTexasMan is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 12:02 PM   #56
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
It's funny you use the word fauxmentum. A texas fan posted a nice few paragraph meltdown that ended up the horn's tears on texags, and this was in that comment...

"This weekend is going to be a good one but this staff is not pushing for fauxmentum or early commits. "

First time I have seen that word in a long time, and now 2x in one day.... I hope that wasn't you on meltdown mode over on OB or shaggy or wherever I won't post the entire meltdown, it's long.
Nah, it's been tossed around a lot since Jimbo took over. Jimbo has been pressing for commits since he got onboard and understandably so. Heck, I didn't even know the kid had committed until I saw your post.

Like I said, all Texas needs to do is WIN. The rest will take care of itself over time as it always does. Honestly, I don't post on fanboy sites. Just here.

Last edited by Chad C; 04-18-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:11 PM   #57
Rush2Judge
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wood County

Quote:
all Texas needs to do is WIN.
If only it were that simple... It is true that winning solves a lot of problems. I'm just not convinced we have the quarterback and offensive line to do it. All the other pieces are there.

I hope we don't head down the UT v TAMU rat hole again. I'm looking forward to the Spring game. I can say with absolute confidence that Texas will win. It's the Fall games that concern me.
Rush2Judge is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 12:23 PM   #58
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legdog View Post

I’m going to try and be there. My GF isn’t into it so it might be tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we see who wears the pants?
CoolHandLuke is online now   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 12:25 PM   #59
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Texas lost some close games last year to teams that lost senior QB's. The O Line will be better.
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 12:29 PM   #60
Chad C
Pope & Young

Default oktx's Official CFB Thread - Spring Season

With Hager and Omenihu at 4i and in their last year, is where losing out on Leal hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-18-2018, 12:32 PM   #61
EastTexasMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas

Quote:
Nah, it's been tossed around a lot since Jimbo took over. Jimbo has been pressing for commits since he got onboard and understandably so. Heck, I didn't even know the kid had committed until I saw your post.

Like I said, all Texas needs to do is WIN. The rest will take care of itself over time as it always does. Honestly, I don't post on fanboy sites. Just here.
I'd have to google what Fauxmentum means, but I assume "fake momentum" or something. IDK I mean he signed like 8-9 on signing day, and has 10 commits, IDK if that's fake
EastTexasMan is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #62
Chad C
Pope & Young

It's sarcasm, don't over think it.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #63
Chad C
Pope & Young

Pretty solid spring game attendance for these two: Oklahoma had 52,102 for the spring game. A&M had 48,129.

Looking wet this weekend on the forty.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:51 PM   #64
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Texas fans have been sucking like the team the last few years. Gonna take some winning seasons to get that type of attendance for the spring game.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:53 PM   #65
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:
Pretty solid spring game attendance for these two: Oklahoma had 52,102 for the spring game. A&M had 48,129.

Looking wet this weekend on the forty.

That was also with 20 mph winds and 40° temps in Norman.
oktx is online now   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 12:56 PM   #66
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktx View Post
That was also with 20 mph winds and 40° temps in Norman.

It's always under 20k on the forty.

Old 04-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #67
oktx
Pope & Young

Quote:
It's always under 20k on the forty.

Wow!
Old 04-18-2018, 01:00 PM   #68
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Now it is. Losing football.

There were huge crowds back in the Mack and VY days.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:03 PM   #69
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Now it is. Losing football.

There were huge crowds back in the Mack and VY days.

A few here and there. We always had good intentions and then 6th street would happen. Too much cool stuff to do in Austin!

Last edited by Chad C; 04-18-2018 at 01:07 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:05 PM   #70
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
A few here and there. We always had good intentions and the 6th street would happen. Too much cool stuff to do in Austin!

I never buy into that. Nothing is "cooler" than Texas football.

Taggert has the FSU fans fired up. 53,000

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-18-2018 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:13 PM   #71
Chad C
Pope & Young

Texas had close to 50k back in 2013, it's normally less.

Old 04-18-2018, 01:20 PM   #72
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Feel free to start it and take ownership... If it gets whacked we'll hold you personally responsible.
Quote:
I'll wait.
Looks like your wait is over
AntlerCollector is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #73
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

We talkin bout PRACTICE....

Who gives a ****?

Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 01:23 PM   #74
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
We talkin bout PRACTICE....

Who gives a ****?

Glorified Practice, Boss.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:31 PM   #75
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

IMO, Texas football PRACTICE is more important than any pro sport. LOL.

FWIW.........

Fox Sports college football analyst Joel Klatt recently visited Texas for an in-depth look at spring practice. His reaction? This was not the same Texas team that limped to 7-6 in Tom Herman’s first season.
Klatt also scouted Texas before last season, and the biggest changes come in developing talent. He discussed Texas’ impressive growth this winter on The Audible podcast with Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel.
“What jumped out to me, I was down there last spring and there were just a couple of guys that were, ‘they’re clearly really good players.’ Connor Williams was one of them. Malik Jefferson was one of them. Then there were just a lot of question marks. The wide receivers looked good, but hadn’t really proven anything. Then this year, when I went down and I’m standing there with coach (Tom) Herman, it hits me like a ton of bricks. It’s like, ‘this team looks drastically different.’ From size, speed potential, athleticism, it looks drastically different than it did a year ago at this time. He and I had that conversation. He said that there was no question that they are light years ahead of where they were a year ago. I really believe — pending the health of their quarterback who I believe is going to be Sam Ehlinger and should be Sam Ehlinger — that’s a really good football team. I could see them, and I could see them competing for the Big 12 Championship this year, his second year. Listen, it all has to do with health and clearly that team in week three, it’s as a big one against USC in terms of the momentum and so on and so forth, but this is a really good football team. They kept all of their assistant coaches. They paid them a lot of money, including Todd Orlando. I think they could legitimately take the next step. I came out of there very bullish on Texas.”
There is a lot to unpack within Klatt’s analysis. Most importantly, the expectation that Texas should compete for a Big 12 title if health and luck are on the side of the Longhorns. Texas won its first bowl game since Mack Brown’s 2012 season under Hermann. His 7-6 record was also a program best since the Brown era. Texas has not won a Big 12 title since 2009.
At quarterback, Klatt vouched for Ehlinger as the should-be starter. Ehlinger threw for 1,915 yards, 11 touchdowns and seven interceptions in nine games as a true freshman. He signed with Texas last year as a 247Sports Composite four-star quarterback and the No. 4 dual-threat passer in the country.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-18-2018 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:57 PM   #76
Dave

Quote:
The problem A&M has is the same problem every one else has........UGA is the new Bama and Bama is still Bama.

Urban and Dabo aren't going anywhere.
No doubt UGA is good, but I think declaring them the new Alabama is a stretch. Talk to me in 5 years when they have 3 or 4 NC's and I'll listen.
Dave is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 02:01 PM   #77
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
No doubt UGA is good, but I think declaring them the new Alabama is a stretch. Talk to me in 5 years when they have 3 or 4 NC's and I'll listen.
True but you know what I meant.

It's all about those 4 seats at the big boy table. They are pretty much taken by the 4 I mentioned. OU is next in line at this point. Whether or not Riley can keep them there remains to be seen. The dropoff at QB will be massive.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-18-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:04 PM   #78
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
IMO, Texas football PRACTICE is more important than any pro sport. LOL.

FWIW.........

Fox Sports college football analyst Joel Klatt recently visited Texas for an in-depth look at spring practice. His reaction? This was not the same Texas team that limped to 7-6 in Tom Herman’s first season.
Klatt also scouted Texas before last season, and the biggest changes come in developing talent. He discussed Texas’ impressive growth this winter on The Audible podcast with Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel.
“What jumped out to me, I was down there last spring and there were just a couple of guys that were, ‘they’re clearly really good players.’ Connor Williams was one of them. Malik Jefferson was one of them. Then there were just a lot of question marks. The wide receivers looked good, but hadn’t really proven anything. Then this year, when I went down and I’m standing there with coach (Tom) Herman, it hits me like a ton of bricks. It’s like, ‘this team looks drastically different.’ From size, speed potential, athleticism, it looks drastically different than it did a year ago at this time. He and I had that conversation. He said that there was no question that they are light years ahead of where they were a year ago. I really believe — pending the health of their quarterback who I believe is going to be Sam Ehlinger and should be Sam Ehlinger — that’s a really good football team. I could see them, and I could see them competing for the Big 12 Championship this year, his second year. Listen, it all has to do with health and clearly that team in week three, it’s as a big one against USC in terms of the momentum and so on and so forth, but this is a really good football team. They kept all of their assistant coaches. They paid them a lot of money, including Todd Orlando. I think they could legitimately take the next step. I came out of there very bullish on Texas.”
There is a lot to unpack within Klatt’s analysis. Most importantly, the expectation that Texas should compete for a Big 12 title if health and luck are on the side of the Longhorns. Texas won its first bowl game since Mack Brown’s 2012 season under Hermann. His 7-6 record was also a program best since the Brown era. Texas has not won a Big 12 title since 2009.
At quarterback, Klatt vouched for Ehlinger as the should-be starter. Ehlinger threw for 1,915 yards, 11 touchdowns and seven interceptions in nine games as a true freshman. He signed with Texas last year as a 247Sports Composite four-star quarterback and the No. 4 dual-threat passer in the country.

Of all the CFB blowhards out there on every station, website, podcast.....I think Joel Klatt is "on" far more than any of the others. He does a weekly call in during football season on the ticket, always very objective without all the normal fluff. Really like that dude's outlook on things.

But it's still just practice.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:21 PM   #79
BitBackShot
Eight Point

Joel Klatt is a complete joke.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:19 PM   #80
oktx
Pope & Young

Quote:
True but you know what I meant.

It's all about those 4 seats at the big boy table. They are pretty much taken by the 4 I mentioned. OU is next in line at this point. Whether or not Riley can keep them there remains to be seen. The dropoff at QB will be massive.
Wait! You said Mayfield was a TT reject and a fraud. How can there be a massive drop off? You're scared. LOL!
Old 04-18-2018, 03:46 PM   #81
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Quote:
Wait! You said Mayfield was a TT reject and a fraud. How can there be a massive drop off? You're scared. LOL!

He meant literally...6'1" to 5'4".lol

Old 04-18-2018, 03:46 PM   #82
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Nope. Not scared.

Hager gonna hurt that midget. LOL.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:50 PM   #83
oktx
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
He meant literally...6'1" to 5'4".lol

Must have.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:51 PM   #84
oktx
Pope & Young

Quote:
Nope. Not scared.

Hager gonna hurt that midget. LOL.
Saved.
Old 04-18-2018, 03:57 PM   #85
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

OK.

Save this:

That was one of the close losses where the opponent not only lost a senior, but a Heisman winning QB. They come into 2018 HIGHLY overrated. Texas wins in Dallas.

For the full visual imagine me double birding my laptop. LOL.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-18-2018 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:20 PM   #86
JeffK
Ten Point

Bob is not going to be able to sleep tonight with a sooner's name in the title of the college football thread on TEXASbowhunter!
JeffK is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 04:50 PM   #87
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

As long as he knows it's a tank and not a pond I am good.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:55 PM   #88
oktx
Pope & Young

[QUOTE=Burntorange Bowhunter;13322050]OK.

Save this:

That was one of the close losses where the opponent not only lost a senior, but a Heisman winning QB. They come into 2018 HIGHLY overrated. Texas wins in Dallas.

For the full visual imagine me double birding my laptop. LOL

But you said OU was HIGHLY overrated last year. Why didn't you mention horn? They were definitely overrated as they fell well out of the top 25....right?

I think you better stick to pumping sunshine about your team, you know, like you told someone just a few days ago. LOL! You're scared.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:38 PM   #89
ByronB
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasMan View Post
My time frame for Jimbo is 3 years. He has enough talent to be a tough out for now, and he should be bringing in 5-10 range recruiting classes from here out.

2018 - 8 reg season wins
2019 - 9 reg season wins
2020 - 10 reg season wins

Anything less than that is a disappointment

Aggies should be a tough out returning 8 starters on defense (Lost 1 S, 1 DT, 1 DE), and 9 on offense (Lost 2 WR). With improved coaching staff, there is no reason to not be able to win 8, and even win a game you shouldn't.
I do like your optimism. Nothing wrong with that at all.

I think they get to seven wins. The offensive line is questionable at this point. Clemson, Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss St, and LSU all losses......I hope not but the Ags always play terrible against Ole Miss and Mississippi St. Don’t forget the Razorbacks. I keep wondering when we will lose an overtime game to them. I am with you on the three years deal. It will take time to recruit. Jimbo needs a full year to do that. Anyone who thinks or even comments on Jimbo having to win big this year is insane. I thought the same about Hermann at Texas. It is very difficult to just step in and win without having a full recruiting season. Hermann has stepped it up now.

Last edited by ByronB; 04-18-2018 at 06:40 PM.
ByronB is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 07:15 PM   #90
ByronB
Ten Point

Crud.....I forgot about Auburn... Aggies win six games next season.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:17 PM   #91
ByronB
Ten Point

Will the Big 12 be down overall with the loss of so many QB’s? Texas is prime to take advantage of those teams.....like Burntorange Bowhunter mentioned. Just curious what others think?
Old 04-18-2018, 07:22 PM   #92
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronB View Post
Will the Big 12 be down overall with the loss of so many QB’s? Texas is prime to take advantage of those teams.....like Burntorange Bowhunter mentioned. Just curious what others think?
If TCU is down it won't be because they lost Hill
BrandonA is online now   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 07:27 PM   #93
ByronB
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Not much love lost on him by the TCU fans.....nor the Aggie fans. I believe he could have been much better had he stayed in his lane at A&M. He admitted the publicity went to his head.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:33 PM   #94
Chase This!
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where the big deer roam

I can’t even get motivated to troll.
Chase This! is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 07:42 PM   #95
ByronB
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase This! View Post
I can’t even get motivated to troll.
Too early!!!!!
Old 04-18-2018, 07:51 PM   #96
waterdog
Pope & Young

Weather Not Looking Good For Saturday night in Austin?
waterdog is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-18-2018, 11:54 PM   #97
.243 WSSM
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fannin Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Can I get an Amen brutha?
.243 WSSM is offline   Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2018, 11:14 AM   #98
Chad C
Pope & Young

We're talking practice:

Old 04-20-2018, 11:18 AM   #99
Chad C
Pope & Young

If Kyler is picked top 40 in the baseball draft as projected, does he stay or go?

Old 04-20-2018, 11:23 AM   #100
BitBackShot
Eight Point

Quote:
If Kyler is picked top 40 in the baseball draft as projected, does he stay or go?

I don't think it will really effect OU one way or the other. He's a situational player at best. Really quick, but also 1 big hit away from football retirement.

He should absolutely leave if he goes that high.
Closed Thread