Replace Garage door sensors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace Garage door sensors?

Anyone ever replace sensors on a garage door opener? Lightning surge fried ours. The opening itself works (blinks and opened initially). Any sage advice?

That's what I do for a living, replace wire as well and if that doesn't work then the circuit board may have been fried. It's a good idea to get a surge protector that you can plug into

Comment

worth buying the sensors or just the who thing in your experience?

Comment

It's worth a shot to buy the sensors and try them. If your unit isn't that old and new sensors don't fix it then you can get a new circuit board. If its more than 7-8 years old and needs a circuit board I'd just get a new unit.

Comment

I think I need to change ours they went under water during the flood the door works.

Comment

Originally posted by 14JKURX View Post
            I think I need to change ours they went under water during the flood the door works.
            If they were underwater it would probably be a good idea to go ahead and change them.

Comment

jusamb82, are those sensors specific to each model?

Comment

Depends which brand it is some are universal. If you can't find them you can text me a pic and i might be able to tell. 254-749-9232

Comment

Mine sat under 10" of water for 3 days, they're toast. I've got a Sears 1/2 HP model, about 5yrs old. Looking for a new set of sensors now, any ideas? I see them online, Amazon. Only thing is they're are not Prime, if ordered be abou 2 weeks. Anywhere local I can find them, been to Park Row store, they were out too.

Comment

I bought some replacements last year for mine online. Realitively cheap and very easy to replace.

Comment

Sear and liftmaster are the same operator just a different sticker on the side. Amazon is usually the cheapest for them. Some Lowe's and Home Depots sell them

Comment

Mine were underwater and quit working. As mentioned above, cheap and easy to replace. Works great now.

Comment

Working...
                        X