Who's Ready for Duck Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's Ready for Duck Season?

I'm ready for deer season, but I'm even more ready for that first morning in duck woods! What are your plans for duck season this year? New places? New blinds? Think the water will hang around in TX?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Razrbk89; 06-09-2015, 09:58 AM.

Can't get here soon enough. 3 new blinds to build 50 acres to plant, and a dog to get back in shape. We actually need it to dry out so we can plant.

Comment

I am getting excited. My spots are in much better shape this year, so far.

Comment

Our group joined a new hunting club this year, hope to smash a bunch!

Comment

Always ready. Real up side is we finally have water for waterfowl here in the panhandle. Even better we have food (milo instead of cotton) as well.

Comment

I stay ready.

Comment

We just put two new blinds out in the Bay last weekend. Still need to brush them in before the season starts.

Comment

Ready for it, going to try and do more coastal hunting since i am relocating to San Antonio and less lake and stream hunting. Should be a interesting season.

Comment

We will have water, the birds iffy. My pond had shrunk to less than 1/2 acre, now it has close to 4 with several years growth around the edges. At least there will be a place to go. May try Caddo. A lot of the old blinds have to be removed and will open up areas that have been subject to the "Ole Boy System." Also got a new duck boat. 16' Xpress Hydralift hull w/50 hp Yamaha.

Comment

I'm still hunting the same place, but EXCITED to take the boy out. This will be his second season.

Click image for larger version

Name:	988965_10153180273522289_8291776621278799501_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	24384569

Click image for larger version

Name:	10255928_10153180273722289_7141165169826923669_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	24384570

Comment

I've been ready since January 26. There's nothing better in the world than the sun rising over a decoy spread.

Comment

Standing knee deep in a decoy spread sipping a cup of coffee and hearing the whistle of a group of woodies flying over is what I picture Heaven like.

Comment

I'm ready to go! May have to buy some new decoys. Mine have been out for a while but they were still floating at the end of last year. Last season was kind of spotty for us. Water was never quite right on the White and a couple big lock up freezes early season fouled them up a little.

Comment

I've been ready! Any of yall DFW guys feel free to shoot me a PM if yall need any help with food plots or building blinds. I'm always willing to lend a hand or even if yall wanna hunt together.

All this new water has my prime spots now 15ft under water so looks like I'll be taking the boat out a lot this coming season.

Comment

I still look for ducks in all the flooded fields as I drive past on the way to the lease. Yeah I know, about the only ducks left down here are whistlers and mottled ducks but I still look anyway. Maybe we'll finally have a good teal season in deep south texas this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X