Hay Bale Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hay Bale Blind

So I have been trying to study up and came up with some plans for building hay bale blind. I started off with some rough sketches.

Talked it over with my Dad. We came up with the idea of build everything from PVC. This has led me to a final sketch of

To make the curve or bends I am going to use this only with a T connector.

I have a tarp on order which will be here tomorrow. Using PVC it will be easy to drill holes and zip tie the tarp in place. Quick stop to TSC to buy some chicken wire and we are in business. Will post pics over the weekend.

Happy Hunting!

Looking forward to seeing the finished product good luck.

Comment

following , I want to build one

Comment

Done right this could be great

Comment

Really interested in this build

Comment

following, keep it going

Comment

Keep us up dated

Comment

The build is slowly progressing and to be honest would have been better off using the cattle panel method. You live you learn...and what the h3ll its been fun. I wasted several hours arguing/ debating with Dad so we are no where near completion. My idea of using 45° elbows helped me to shape the bottom but failed miserably when I tried to apply on my top support. I have to cut 45° out and now replace with a female coupling to repair the seem.

Don't have any real photos to show at this but it is a work in progress.

Comment

Weather permitting we will be back at it on Friday or Saturday... hopefully to complete

Comment

You may look into a hay bale ring. They make one all out of 2" plastic pipe. It all bolts together. My brother in law has a couple of them. They are light weight and strong. It would be a good pattern to use or just turn it into a blind. I believe they are 6' diameter circles.

Comment

If you are wanting to make it look like a hay bale you could use the circles as your sides and make it as wide as needed then just screw plywood to the circle ends and brush it in with netting over he top.

Comment

[ATTACH]550184[/ATTACH]

Comment

This is a pic of what it looks like. Good luck on the build. I hope this will help out.

Comment

Thanks for the advice...we live and we learn. Will be back at tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by EH III View Post
                              This is a pic of what it looks like. Good luck on the build. I hope this will help out.
                              This would have helped 2 weeks ago!!! Just kidding. Hopefully some other newcomer finds this. I am actually to far along to turn back now. Although its a great backup idea

Comment

Working...
                              X