Cellular Game Cam - Service Plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cellular Game Cam - Service Plan?

I picked up a Spy Cam with the cellular capability to send pictures. I was looking into plans, but what size would I need for this? I can get 2GB of data for 3 months, but will that be enough? How many pics will that send?

Originally posted by apc10 View Post
    I picked up a Spy Cam with the cellular capability to send pictures. I was looking into plans, but what size would I need for this? I can get 2GB of data for 3 months, but will that be enough? How many pics will that send?

Snyper game can. Not spy cam.

Comment

Not a expert but I think that’s a trick question. And we need more info.
      Is it taking a picture every 30s are every 10 minutes? What’s your deer population like? This will make a ton of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by apc10 View Post
        I would call Snyper and discuss this with them

Comment

2gb for Cellular Camera is A LOT of Data for 3 months if only sending pictures and not videos. Typical picture sent is probably around 150kb.

And if you happen to run out before the plan is over, just buy another 2gb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have Coverts and they do it by pic count, not gb.

Comment

I use the 2g for 3 months plan with my Snyper. I never came close to using it all.

Comment

I’ve only had the camera up a week in standard mode and it took about 80 pics, but it’s also a brand new spot. I wouldn’t expect more than double that during the best weeks though. I usually set them for 5 minute delays between pics and a medium quality picture. It sounds like 2 gb will be enough. I think I’ll wait to activate the plan until closer to the season though.

Comment

Let us know how that Snyper camera works out for you. Been thinking of getting one.

Comment

Working...
                  X