Using feeders in Kansas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using feeders in Kansas?

Do they work? Is it worth the trip to set a few up on some new ground.

We set up a few about 5 years ago, don't think we've filled them since then. I wouldn't waste my time

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Thought automatic feeders were illegal there, baiting legal just no automatic feeders?

That said... I would bet it depends on your ground,hard to pull a deer out of a 200 acre bean patch with corn...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

We always had better luck just dumping it on the ground.

Comment

I have killed 5 bucks In Kansas and all 5 were at a feeder.

Comment

Where I hunted, feeders were a waste of time. But dump 300lbs on the ground, they would tear it up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              We always had better luck just dumping it on the ground.
              This is what my group does. We drop about 200# first week of November. Then another 200# 3rd week and hunt the piles. We have had a lot of success with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                This is what my group does. We drop about 200# first week of November. Then another 200# 3rd week and hunt the piles. We have had a lot of success with this.
                Dang we would dump about 1000# at a time and it would last a little over a week. Buddy that lives up there would go to the Gin and have them fill is cube feeder.

Comment

I know some guys that have two protein feeders and one other feeder on their spot in southern kansas...most times they put corn on the ground in front of their sets. Also we hauled rice bran up there and they absolutely hammered the rice bran.

Comment

Originally posted by JDL View Post
                    I have killed 5 bucks In Kansas and all 5 were at a feeder.
                    I'd pay attention to Jeremy. He's killed some "decent" bucks.

Comment

First feeder I put up had 9 deer at it with in 5 hrs.

I still handcorn with better success but run the hanging feeders to keep em interested.

Comment

Corn piles work great as well, it sometimes just makes them harder to see in daylight. They also make it tough to hunt mornings.

Comment

622” in 4 deer by 4 people over 4 feeders. I’d say they work.

Comment

What I have found by hunting piles vs hunting feeders is with corn piles you have visitors throughout the day. To me that is a huge advantage.

Comment

We’re not technically in KS but my stand is 1 mile from the border in NW OK. Others in our group have feeders out in the fall, by far dumping out several hundred pounds of corn and rice bran seem to work better for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X