No announcement yet.

Trucks pulling to the left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started out as a wheel bearing hub, and got the CV joint. Youtube will be your friend on showing repairs.

Comment

So its the actual hub that needs replaced and no just the bearings? And the cv axle? I am not very mechanical. Is it something i could do myself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bearings are in the hub, you buy that all in one piece now, once the rubber boot is ripped and grease is lost there is a good chance the CV joint is toast also in my experience. It's not that big of a deal and there are videos to show you how to make repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
          So its the actual hub that needs replaced and no just the bearings? And the cv axle? I am not very mechanical. Is it something i could do myself?

The hub/bearing pack is a sealed unit. It's not hard to replace, but it sounds like you might should leave it to someone else. It takes some tools and a little knowledge.

Comment

Dale is probably right. You can rent specialty tools at the auto store , but if you don't have things like jack stands it would be safer to have it done.

Comment

By the look of that tire, worn on outside, you might want to look at the ball joints as well. Look at YouTube for how to change the hub. Then you can decide if it is with in your comfort zone

Comment

Thx guys

Comment

https://www.am-autoparts.com/2002/Ch...heel%20Systems is this what I need?

Comment

Originally posted by Cold 1 View Post
                    Started out as a wheel bearing hub, and got the CV joint. Youtube will be your friend on showing repairs.
                    Yep. Actually saw a truck at a gas station once that had just had a fire put out, clearly from front wheel bearing. They do give warning sounds. On early 2000 Chevys they seem to last 100k or so miles. Im on the second set on each side right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                      Hub most likely. I have seen them get so hot it looks like the rim has been tempered.

Was it not making a whining noise. Then when you would turn or change lanes it would stop? Usually they give a warning before just going out.

This. I have replaced plenty of hub/wheel bearing assemblies. A little tricky with 4 wheel drive as you’ve gotta either remove the axle or be able to push it in from the outside while your loosen the hub bolts back behind it. My Dodge about whooped me. Lol.

Oh and don’t forget to put the dust shield back on...and make sure it’s installed properly or the brake caliper won’t go back on.

Skinny

Comment

Thx

Comment

Working...
                        X