irrigation system problems, any advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

irrigation system problems, any advice?

the green screen seems to always have helpful folks so why not ask I figure. I have 9 different stations in my yard. all lines have pressure. my problem is that when I turn on my system, either on schedule or manually from my control box, I get only a slight trickle of water coming from some of the spray heads. they will not pop up. when I turn the value open on the heads manually, I hear the water rush in, but they still will not pop up. any idea what could be the problem?

May have something in the line or heads stopping them up. Might need to remove/ inspect affected heads and flush the lines out while the heads are removed. Only thing I can come up with.

Comment

I thought about that but its all 9 stations. they ran just fine last week. im thinking something electrical but im no electrician.

Comment

Might want to make sure your submersible sprinkler pump doesn’t have a bunch of muck clogging the wrap around screen/filter on the intake. I’ve had this happen on mine several times, and you won’t get anything but a trickle at the heads. I have jacked with my clearwater a zillion times over the years, and finally got it working purty good! Also after the 3rd time relocating/re-plumbing my sprinkler heads, I found the best way to keep them from messing up, was to plumb them up my pipe fence posts. If a head messes up now, I just go out, unscrew it, screw on another one. Without wollering round in the muck! Also keeps em from staying wet/muddy, or getting stomped by the cows. Hope this helps, and good luck. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Do you have a back flow valve inline somewhere? I'm installing one now on my property.Turns out my back flow valve at the well was going bad and restricting the pressure required to raise the spray heads. Changed it out and they all come up now. Still don't get constant pressure as it will decrease and increase when the pump cycles on and off. But it sprays. Manual function only on mine.

Comment

Do you have a pressure regulator valve? If so is it before your backflow valve to the irrigation? Could be a failing PRV.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishxbones View Post
              Do you have a pressure regulator valve? If so is it before your backflow valve to the irrigation? Could be a failing PRV.
              Sounds like this. Those backflow valves can get stopped up. Did you check to make sure the valves are all open (assuming you have a backflow valve). Other than that, it sounds like you have something clogging up the supply line and thus reducing pressure.

Comment

No leaks in the line?

Comment

Check all filters and heads first.

Open the station valve with the heads removed to blow out any possible debris in the line below the head. Close the heads operating properly to gain more pressure for the clean out effort.

Just .02

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                    Check all filters and heads first.

Open the station valve with the heads removed to blow out any possible debris in the line below the head. Close the heads operating properly to gain more pressure for the clean out effort.

Just .02
                    If you are positive you do not have a leak, i'd do this next.

Comment

Where ya located?

Comment

No sprinkler pump. None of the heads work, even manually they do not. Water barely comes out when system is turned on. All valves between main water line and first station are open. Watching the meter, I’m pretty certain I have no leaks. I’ll try to post a picture later. Tied up with work now. Live in Bullard

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                          No sprinkler pump. None of the heads work, even manually they do not. Water barely comes out when system is turned on. All valves between main water line and first station are open. Watching the meter, I’m pretty certain I have no leaks. I’ll try to post a picture later. Tied up with work now. Live in Bullard
                          Bad backflow valve or a leak in the pipe coming off your main before getting to your electric valves.

Could be bad electric valves but that would be strange to have them all go out at once.
                          Last edited by Sleepy; 05-26-2018, 06:44 PM.

Comment

What is your pressure on the line. Are you own a well or city water?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                              the green screen seems to always have helpful folks so why not ask I figure. I have 9 different stations in my yard. all lines have pressure. my problem is that when I turn on my system, either on schedule or manually from my control box, I get only a slight trickle of water coming from some of the spray heads. they will not pop up. when I turn the value open on the heads manually, I hear the water rush in, but they still will not pop up. any idea what could be the problem?
                              Does your system have a master valve?

Comment

Working...
                              X