No announcement yet.

Doc’s got a second date! Brown Bear Round #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep the updates coming. You say that you hate airlines, well I'm starting to think that they hate you. It is always something going on with your travels. The arrow case damage was bull crap.

Comment

Hell of a first day.

Comment

Awesome. Lots of bears. Hope you get a good one!!

Comment

Sounds like an awesome trip!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

A friend of mine was there earlier this week and shot a 9’6” with his bow. Good luck on your hunt.

Comment

best of luck G

Comment

Just got back to lodge and headed back out in an hour. Had to come in and clean fish. Weather was different today with high winds and intermittent rain. Saw 4 bears but 3 of those were a sow with 2 cubs. Made a stalk on the the other. Got to 30 yards and decided he was only 8 foot, maybe a touch over. Got as close as 16 yards! He pulled a fish out of the rocks right in front of us and was houghing and posturing trying to figure out what we were. Fairly intense! He had a good head and hide and I hope I don’t regret passing! We did run out and fished a couple hours. I caught two good sized lingcod we had to release. We caught quick limits of rockfish and Brian caught a monster yelloweye. Pretty good day so far!

Comment

Sometimes God greets you with a big smile in the morning!

20+ pound yelloweye!

Not a bad lingcod. Would have been great fish&chips!

Greenling we let go.

Morning meat haul!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet.. I've heard rockfish are delish!

Good luck this evening!
                    Originally posted by docmay View Post
                    Just got back to lodge and headed back out in an hour. Had to come in and clean fish. Weather was different today with high winds and intermittent rain. Saw 4 bears but 3 of those were a sow with 2 cubs. Made a stalk on the the other. Got to 30 yards and decided he was only 8 foot, maybe a touch over. Got as close as 16 yards! He pulled a fish out of the rocks right in front of us and was houghing and posturing trying to figure out what we were. Fairly intense! He had a good head and hide and I hope I don’t regret passing! We did run out and fished a couple hours. I caught two good sized lingcod we had to release. We caught quick limits of rockfish and Brian caught a monster yelloweye. Pretty good day so far!

Comment

Following this adventure, good luck Doc.

Hogboy

Comment

"not going to be picky", "let one just over 8 ft go" HMMM seems a bit contradictory.
                        Keep at it Doc. Enjoy the trip.

Comment

Looking forward to more updates on your adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                            "not going to be picky", "let one just over 8 ft go" HMMM seems a bit contradictory.
                            Keep at it Doc. Enjoy the trip.

What's that saying?

Don't let the one pass today if you'd shoot it on the last day.

Comment

I’m betting y’all didn’t lip the lingcod

Talk about teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post

Ok, I’ll take a travel delay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Best Pizza in the Universe! I remember when they opened. I ALWAYS go to Moose's Tooth when I'm in Anchorage. Oh yeah, the beer is **** good too!!

Comment

Working...
                                X