Deer Lease trailer got to haves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
    Satellite TV and an RV cover over it to help with storm damage such as hail and helps the air conditioner run easier being in the shade.
    This^^^ and a nice front porch. Oh, and a conex to keep utv and tools in.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
      No TV's allowed.
      Msybe your camp but not mine!

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
        No TV's allowed.
        I had to hunt alone a ton last year so the TV kept me sane. With others down not so much TV. Still like to watch a little or a lot depending if I dan go to sleep or wake up in the middle of the night! At 65 my sleep latterns are hit and miss!

Comment

Carbon monoxide detector.

Comment

Window AC unit. I like it cool while sleeping during the early season.
            Block off windows.
            Mouse proof is a must.
            Spray from bugs ,constantly. Every time you leave for home.
            New mattress
            Use electric heater when needed. Be safe

Comment

TV is for my little dude at bedtime, when I'm not ready to sack out yet, and for when the weather goes to hell.

We have shade and cooking areas elsewhere, but I will have the stove ready to roll.

I can't stress enough using GOOD caulking on the roof seams and penetrations, then a few coats of solar flex on the whole roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Crapper
                Shower
                AC/Heat
                Good Bed

Those are the must haves for me, anything after that is a bonus..

Comment

Just make sure you have good ventilation if you have a space heater, and CO alarm as mentioned above.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Some great advice. I will be using several of these tips for sure!

Comment

When you leave for home, hang those Shell no-pest strips from the ceiling/light fixtures in each open area. They work amazingly well at keeping bugs and such out of the camper. When you return, remove them and put in a ziploc bag and open windows/doors and let the camper air out a few minutes...

Comment

Bump this back up. Great advice here!

Comment

When I brought my trailer to the lease last year everything on it worked. By the end of the season I was so fed up with fighting rodents/varmints and all of the destruction they did that the trailer is back at my house so I can fix all the random things they tore up. I put out two of the white buckets ($40/each) of green rat block poison from Tractor Supply through the season and they would haul off a pan full each night and I never found a dead rodent. I had a opossum tear the black plastic under the trailer and get in the insulation under the floor and live there for a while. I thought it was a rat until I put out some fly poison FOR THE FLIES and woke up at 4am from him moving under the floor and then 30 minutes later he had ACCIDENTALLY gotten into the fly poison and was dead under the trailer. He was the first of quite a few. I put a camera under the trailer just for curiosity and had pics of birds, opossums, mice, LARGE RATS, rabbits, and a house cat. Luckily I had put steel mesh in any crack so nothing got inside. They ate my 12v feed for my a/c, and a wire for the hot water heater. A rat built a nest under the hood of my truck overnight on top of the engine and it was made from my firewall insulation, pieces of cactus, and corn kernels that I had thrown outside from dinner. Need less to say once I get everything fixed underneath I'm running a heavy duty small holed mesh from frame beam to frame beam under the entire trailer to keep stuff out.
                          A few things I did before bringing it to the lease was:
                          put sheet metal boxes over the bathroom dome covers, caulked every seal I could find with some caulk that is like rubber once cured that has been great, put multiple coats of white roof coat on. I also put a window unit in the storage compartment under my bed incase the main unit goes out. Pulled out the carpet on the slide out and replaced it with vinyl because carpet only holds dirt and dust. Filled both propane bottles and made sure the battery holds a good charge, we don't have electricity so its nice to still be able to have lights and the 12v water pump working if the generators aren't running.

Comment

Working...
                          X