All these big deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
    Mature deer at my places typically run 115-130 inches and I usually see 2 or 3 over that. Luckily we have a lot of mature deer. Here is some pics
    Maybe i'm a bad hunter but i would call those big deer and probably shake outta the stand if one of those came out. I've never seen anything near that while hunting

Comment

We don't! We don't use cameras much anymore. Our deer show up till after 2 good freezes anywy. Then they hit the wheat and we don't need cameras.

Comment

I have 1 decent buck showing up and some pipsqueaks. The place I don't hunt, but had a buddy get on, there's 3 mature (1 high scoring NT) showing up on my stand he's going to be maintaining & hunting. Really hoping we both connect opening morning on deer we have high hopes on.

Comment

I guess it depends on what you consider big bucks

Comment

We have the same 4,6 and 8's. Throw in a 9 or 10pt or every so often.
            This is as good as it gets.

Comment

I get the occasional picture of a big one (for our area). We don't bait, so I probably SEE more big deer than I get picture of. If I don't choose the right place for the camera, I'm not going to get many pictures.

The best picture I got last year was a cell phone pic from the truck!

I also think the bigger bucks get leery about where someone's been going in and out checking a camera.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Razrbk89; 08-10-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Just started up my cams yesterday, but have one out at my pig spot a mile up the road---only one buck and few does so far this summer. Buck looked to be an 8-pt that will not make AR.

Comment

Wouldn't know if I have any big ones or not. Putting a camera out would involve leaving the camp to go check them and I don't like to get that far away from the beer cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unfortunately I cleared my cameras in April and when I went to check them in July the memory cards had been full since May. I did see a 10 pointer that will be 150+ as a 5 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a couple bachelor groups of younger deer hitting the protein. Hogs are insane this year.

Skinny

Comment

I had one small one so far. Kinda depressing

Comment

I don't even have a feeder going or camera out

Comment

Checked mine at the family property last weekend. One decent buck, but nothing to get too excited over. I didn't get back on the lease this year, so I'm kind of bummed out right about now. This is usually the time I'm getting pumped up...I don't know how to act these days with nowhere to go and prep

Comment

You are definitely not the only one. Been feeding year round in Grimes County and haven't had a Buck pic in 6+ months.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Got plenty of these tho!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X