No announcement yet.

Crabbing???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always catch more on fish than chicken. Chicken is just easy and cheap. I soaked a great many chicken necks as a kid. Now when I do catch crabs it is in traps. Lately I've gotten spoiled to just calling Leemo up and placing an order. Better crabs and I have em when I want them.

You can make it as hard or as easy as you want. Some string, a net and some chicken necks puts you in bidness. I liked areas with a little tidal flow best. Not ripping tidal flow but enough to carry the scent so we could draw them from a larger area.

Comment

I havent been in years, great thread

Comment

If you have never tried this you may want to give it a shot. My new favorite way to cook blue crab that I found by accident last year is by throwing them alive in the smoker for 20-30 min (however long it takes for them to turn completely red, time depends on your temp) then eating as an appetizer to whatever else you happened to be cooking. No seasoning or anything else necessary. I dont think I would go through the trouble of starting a fire for crabs but if you are already cooking this turns out great

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
          If you have never tried this you may want to give it a shot. My new favorite way to cook blue crab that I found by accident last year is by throwing them alive in the smoker for 20-30 min (however long it takes for them to turn completely red, time depends on your temp) then eating as an appetizer to whatever else you happened to be cooking. No seasoning or anything else necessary. I dont think I would go through the trouble of starting a fire for crabs but if you are already cooking this turns out great
          this is a fantastic dang idea!

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
            After reading Justin’s post and see all those blue crabs I want to go try and catch some.

Where would be the best place to go catch crabs off the bank. I would like to find a place somewhere between Corpus and Rockport.

Thanks
            AY
            PM sent

Comment

Working...
            X