X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like it looks good

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Comment

Great looking gardens! Here is a pic of my potatoes out back and my tomato garden in my front garden. My 3rd garden has squash, bush beans, bell pepper, egg plant, cherry 100's, cucumber, cilantro and radishes. I will get a pic of that in a bit.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
          My garden ain't doing so well. We have some pretty poor soil and fertilizer isn't doing much yet to help.

I'm experimenting with this small aquaponics system with strawberries. Next year i plan to have about a 1000 gallon set up growing catfish and all my veggies inside a greenhouse. So far the berries are taking off with a vengeance.
          Looked and research this quite a bit... Considering doing something similar... How hard is it to keep the fish alive???

Comment

Lettuce, collards, chard and spinach are just about played out and bolting. Maters, peas, herbs and peppers are in the ground.
            I still have carrots and radishes also but they'll be gone in the next week.

Comment

[QUOTE=Stoof;8525459]Lettuce, collards, chard and spinach are just about played out and bolting. Maters, peas, herbs and peppers are in the ground.
              I still have carrots and radishes also but they'll be gone in the next week.
              Looks like I'll have plums, grape and figs aplenty this year also.

Comment

My egg plant just seems like it don't want to take this year.

Comment

Garden time

Still hoping to get a few more weeks out of our cool weather plants. I have really enjoyed eating a fresh salad daily for the last few weeks. Me and my wife are hooked on the square foot method. Haven't had to pick 1 weed yet. Warm weather plants are starting to take off except egg plant.

Last edited by Codypatt1; 04-26-2014, 07:19 AM.

Comment

[ATTACH]616658[/ATTACH][ATTACH]616659[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Walkin STX Hank View Post
                      My egg plant just seems like it don't want to take this year.
                      Definitely a warmer weather plant, kind of like Okra. Give it a little time and they should come around.

Comment

My back garden...still young but starting to take off with the warmer temps. All natural fertilizer for everything.

Comment

My salsa garden. Tomatoes, jalapenos, cilantro, onions. Oh and some strawberries and green beans.

Comment

Here's some strawberries from last years plants. Hope to get some okra and tomatoes in the dirt this week...

Comment

Does anyone have a large garden. I should be in my new house in June. I have a little over 1/2 an acre to plant. I have no clue what to plant in such a large area. I may just start small then add more next year. Just wanted to see pics for a better idea what to expect.

Comment

Garden time

Originally posted by nicerack View Post
                                Does anyone have a large garden. I should be in my new house in June. I have a little over 1/2 an acre to plant. I have no clue what to plant in such a large area. I may just start small then add more next year. Just wanted to see pics for a better idea what to expect.

Start small. Learn to grow what you can eat or give away. The rest just goes to waste and is extra work.
                                Last edited by Stoof; 04-27-2014, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X