Calling all NASCAR guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all NASCAR guys

Looking to plan a trip next year either to Bristol, Talledega, Daytona or Indy.

Any thoughts, experiences or opinions?

Haven’t been to any but night race at Bristol is top of my list

Comment

Bristol.
      Talledaga and Daytona are great races and experience, but you are not close to the action since the track is so big. You can see the cars, but backstretch is way away. Forget Indy. Track is huge and flat - you only get to see the cars for a few seconds each lap.

Comment

As empty as the stands looked today at Indy, they may pay you to go watch that one next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wellborn Papa View Post
          As empty as the stands looked today at Indy, they may pay you to go watch that one next year.
          Yeah, that was shockingly low attendance. I'll be surprised if the track broke even on the event. Not a good sign for NASCAR.

I'd vote for Daytona just because of the history there.
          Last edited by 100%TtId; 09-08-2019, 11:59 PM.

Comment

I've been to 3 of the 4 you listed.

Daytona for the 500 is like going to the super bowl. Lots of buzz in the air and plenty to see and do. Huge crowds everywhere you go, but it was pretty awesome.

Taledaga was a not entirely unlike Daytona, but the infield is where the party is. You might accidentally see part of the race too if you throttle back on the partying! The crashes seem to be bigger and eat up more cars there too. Fun times for sure.

Indy because it's Indy. Basically the most historic paved surface in the entire US. I have seen both the Indy 500 and the NASCAR race there, and both were a great experience. So much history at one track is hard to imagine for me. It was nice but much more "refined" so to speak.

If I had to choose between the 4, I would pick Bristol since I haven't been to that track, and of course only the night race.

Comment

I've been to Bristol and it would be my pick again. I don't care for the super speedways.

Comment

Bristol is an easy choice for me too...

Comment

Night Bristol.

Comment

Darlington is the best race to attend. Of the ones listed, Bristol for sure from a fan's point of view. Indy is terrible.
                    The best race to watch at Daytona is the Rolex 24 hours. Drive right into the infield and watch the race all day/night. It's a blast!

Comment

Out of those choices I have only went to Bristol and loved it. I want to take my wife their for the drag races one of these days.

Comment

Bristol was our best NASCAR trip ever. AMAZING TRACK!!!

Gonna hit Pocono for the double header next June. Enough racing to make the trip worth it.

Comment

Never been to race but it’s on the to do list. Would y’all pick NASCAR or NHRA top fuel
                          Races? I’ve been to the spring nationals a few times and it was fun as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                            Darlington is the best race to attend. Of the ones listed, Bristol for sure from a fan's point of view. Indy is terrible.
                            The best race to watch at Daytona is the Rolex 24 hours. Drive right into the infield and watch the race all day/night. It's a blast!

Darlington is our next trip after Pocono.

Comment

If nascar takes this anti gun stance they will be luck if they have anybody show up.

Comment

Working...
                              X