bowfishing along state parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bowfishing along state parks

Can you bowfish in the water along a state park or do you have to be a certain distance from the state park?

I was at Pedernales state park a few weeks ago and a warden there said you can bowfish. I saw a ton of gar and carp would of been easy pickings.

Comment

As far as I know there a few places that will hassle you , I don't think it's technically against the law but its best to stay away from them especially if they is people camping , being close to them is a good way to get people against bowfishing !

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
        Can you bowfish in the water along a state park or do you have to be a certain distance from the state park?
        Your question isn't clear to me. Are you in a boat, bowfishing along a state park? Or are you staying at a state park, and bowfishing on foot?

Comment

I would just pay for a day pass and fish it

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
            Your question isn't clear to me. Are you in a boat, bowfishing along a state park? Or are you staying at a state park, and bowfishing on foot?
            In the water in front of a state park. I would be either in a boat or on foot in the water.

Comment

In the water in front of a state park. I would be either in a boat or on foot in the water.
              Get after it sir!!!

Comment

I know you can bowfish at lake Fairfield state park done it for years.

Comment

Many years ago, most "fishermen" actually applauded bowfishermen for taking out carp and gar... then a few bad apples spoiled it for the rest of us by leaving their dead fish near where people are, like at the boat ramps, along public shorelines around populated areas... People, me included, don't want to see/smell dead/decaying carp and gar... Thus a lot of folks now dislike bowfishermen... It will take a huge effort and self-policing to eventually fix that... may never get fixed, but as bowfishermen we sure need to try if we are to preserve a fantastic and fun sport. ...just like terrorism, "if you see something, say something"... take down a license plate, a TX #, anything that can tie the perps to their crime... Yes, it is a crime to improperly dispose of/waste the fish bowfishermen take.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Many years ago, most "fishermen" actually applauded bowfishermen for taking out carp and gar... then a few bad apples spoiled it for the rest of us by leaving their dead fish near where people are, like at the boat ramps, along public shorelines around populated areas... People, me included, don't want to see/smell dead/decaying carp and gar... Thus a lot of folks now dislike bowfishermen... It will take a huge effort and self-policing to eventually fix that... may never get fixed, but as bowfishermen we sure need to try if we are to preserve a fantastic and fun sport. ...just like terrorism, "if you see something, say something"... take down a license plate, a TX #, anything that can tie the perps to their crime... Yes, it is a crime to improperly dispose of/waste the fish bowfishermen take.

This ^^^ is so true. Bowfishing got a well deserved bad rap with all the guys dumping the Gar and Carp at the boat ramps, and fishing piers.

Comment

The way I see it is, if you're in the water, you're in the water. It doesn't matter what the character of the land next to the water happens to be. At least I'm not aware of a law about that. If you said you were standing on the beach at the state park, that would be a totally different question.

Comment

I have bowfished on Lake Fairfield for many years...having said that, if you look up the bowfishing regulations for TP&W, it basically says you can not in a State Park. I think there may be exceptions but...
                        My advice would be to check with the authorities at whatever State Park you would be at before I assumed it would be alright.
                        Rather be safe than sorry.

Comment

Lake Fairfield doesn't fall totally in the state park so I think that is the reason we are able to bowfish it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stykbow View Post
                            Lake Fairfield doesn't fall totally in the state park so I think that is the reason we are able to bowfish it.
                            I think this is the case. Bastrop State park has the body of water completely inside it, therefore you can not bowfish it.

Comment

Originally posted by N.DaWoods View Post
                              I think this is the case. Bastrop State park has the body of water completely inside it, therefore you can not bowfish it.
                              That makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X