Spring Bear Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Bear Hunts

Who has gone or typically goes on a spring bear hunt?

I am looking for an “affordable” spring black bear hunt.

My one prerequisite is that I don’t want to hunt over bait, I will only hunt spot and stalk and prefer archery.

Let’s hear your experiences and recommendations.

What, you don’t want to shoot a bear over a dozen Kryspy Kreams?!

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
      What, you don’t want to shoot a bear over a dozen Kryspy Kreams?!
      Nor popcorn or gummy bears!

Comment

Outfitters in idaho are affordable in my opinion at 2-3k which is the best place to go for color phase bears. Saskatchewan i think is 4-6k but that puts you in trophy bear country. That’s all the info I know, been wanting a bear with my bow one day.

Comment

Back up

Comment

Look into the Indian reservations in NM/AZ.. You can do guided for under $2k and it's only a 1-day drive

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
              Look into the Indian reservations in NM/AZ.. You can do guided for under $2k and it's only a 1-day drive
              Wow, that very inexpensive. I would be interesting in looking into that as well.

Comment

I went to Idaho this past spring, unit 39. Self-guided, it was pretty cheap (cost of plane ticket + tag/license). There are a ton of bears around there, we only saw sows with cubs and didn't get to put a stalk on anything, but the experience was amazing I'll definitely be going back.

There really isnt much I can tell you that you cant find more comprehensive info with a Google search - but if I can stress one thing its: BE IN GOOD SHAPE. Idaho is incredibly jagged, not uncommon to traverse several thousand feet in vertical elevation up and down just to cross a small distance.

If you're looking for a sure-bet I'd pursue an outfitter, I don't know what your level of experience is, but suffice it to say there is a lot of country to cover and its like finding a needle in a haystack.

Some pics (link because TBH makes the pictures huge):
                https://imgur.com/a/TeuQlHi

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
                  I went to Idaho this past spring, unit 39. Self-guided, it was pretty cheap (cost of plane ticket + tag/license). There are a ton of bears around there, we only saw sows with cubs and didn't get to put a stalk on anything, but the experience was amazing I'll definitely be going back.

There really isnt much I can tell you that you cant find more comprehensive info with a Google search - but if I can stress one thing its: BE IN GOOD SHAPE. Idaho is incredibly jagged, not uncommon to traverse several thousand feet in vertical elevation up and down just to cross a small distance.

If you're looking for a sure-bet I'd pursue an outfitter, I don't know what your level of experience is, but suffice it to say there is a lot of country to cover and its like finding a needle in a haystack.

Some pics (link because TBH makes the pictures huge):
                  https://imgur.com/a/TeuQlHi
                  Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Still looking!

Comment

Bump. I'd like to do this hunt too I think. If I hunted over a dozen donuts there would probably only be 6 or 7 left after my hunt. Just sayin.

Comment

Apparently spring berry bear meat is delicious and fall fishy bear meat sucks. Im interested too. Good luck CBROWN.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                          Apparently spring berry bear meat is delicious and fall fishy bear meat sucks. Im interested too. Good luck CBROWN.
                          What about spring donut meat?

Comment

So you want to go hiking and maybe stumble upon a bear?

Comment

Better check prices, they are not cheap, even in Arizona.
                              Spot and stalk will cost you more I'm betting, bait hunts are easier to outfit.

Comment

Working...
                              X