Follow me thru Harvey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Follow me thru Harvey

Ok guys. I've come to terms with the fact that I will be fighting. I might be over preparing but thought this might make for an interesting thread.

Due to over development in Tomball, I have a huge run off issue. 5" in 2hrs will flood me. Water will be gone 30min after rain stops. I have had many sleepless nights and see more coming with Harvey.

This will be more of a live thread as I prepare and depending on how involved I need to get, posting may slow during the storm.

I started last night digging into the generator. Thank god I did because all fuel lines are clogged. Today I'm rounding up parts.

Guys are at my house now installing a sump pump. I also plan on renting a 2-3" gas powered trash pump. If the water raises around me there is nothing I can do, but I will fight until then.

We completed a complete remodel on our home over a year ago that took 8months. We lived in it for 6 months ant then the Memorial Day floods got us. Had to rip it all out and do it again.

If you feel like following along great, please say a prayer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck man. I'll follow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Good luck! You need one of these

One man in Rosharon, Texas used a product he found online to protect his family's home and property during the recent floods.

Comment

If you need anything ..give us a shout...we're on higher ground ..

Comment

Prayers up for you, brother!

Comment

I am praying we don't get it again. Memorial day got us as well.

We have flood insurance now but just don't want to go through it.

Let me know if I can help in anyway, not far from you.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                I was thinking the samething

Comment

Now might be a good time to go buy that new boat you been wanting.

Comment

Sounds like you need a realtor not a generator and a pump...

That sucks, I'll be hoping it misses you entirely.

Comment

Dang, Ill be in SPI. If I was gonna be around Id be down to fill sand bags and kick mother nature in her dirty teeth with you. Love the spirit man!

Comment

Praying for just some good soaking rain.... no damages!!!!

Comment

San****. Wrap with visqueen. nail visqueen down on sides with boards driven into the grass. Dig holes all around inside perimeter and stick 5 gallon buckets in them with 3/4 holes drilled throughout and insert pumps in the buckets and run pump hoses back over the san**** levee. Have generator to power all the pumps and maybe a backup as well.

Worked way too many flood claims in my career. This what what them folks in Fargo did. They flood as much as anywhere I've been. Worked like a champ. Most had a couple feet of water on the san****s and none inside the house. make sure to have plenty of non perishable food and beer!

Comment

Good luck bud!

Comment

sand b a g is filtered??? Dang! Next thing you know people will be offended by statues and names on buildings..

Comment

Working...
                              X